To fake bake or not to fake bake

(13 Posts)
Cereal0ffender Wed 25-Jun-14 19:25:27

That is the question. I booked a fake bake for a wedding but then Bought this dress which possibly will look ok with my paleness. Also dh thinks it is a bit common but am prepared to dismiss his opinion

MsVanRein Wed 25-Jun-14 19:33:42

I wouldn't bother personally I think most people look best their natural colour! The dress is gorgeous btw.

Cereal0ffender Wed 25-Jun-14 19:37:51

Thanks!

snickers251 Wed 25-Jun-14 19:41:43

As a serial fake baker grin I wouldn't bother, it's looks like that dress would suit a natural skin tone. Or perhaps just a holiday skin lotion type glow

Doitforme Wed 25-Jun-14 19:50:57

Beautiful dress. Doesn't need a tan for but then most clothes don't. Fake tans look awful but the users never realise it. Just my opinion. Just get a little sun each day instead. You only need 10 mins (not in the middle of the day) and you will build up a little colour and get your vit d top ups and all the health benefits that go with a little sun.

Cereal0ffender Wed 25-Jun-14 19:56:25

Ah doit some of use NEVER tan

ouryve Wed 25-Jun-14 19:59:35

I'll vouch for that - DH and I hardly tan at all. DH just gets very freckly!

Don't bother with the fake tan. If it's not something you've done before, it might not even suit you, for all you know.

Doitforme Wed 25-Jun-14 20:04:22

What you cant tan? I tend to get a little brown because I get my 20mins a day of sunshine for the health benefits. Don't do sunbathing holidays though.

ShakeYourTailFeathers Wed 25-Jun-14 20:04:26

my top half tans but my legs stay blue white, so to even things out a bit I use that gradual tanner/moisturizer on my legs (Jergens or Nivea are good)

It just takes a couple of days and I look a lot better, without that orangeness

Doitforme Wed 25-Jun-14 20:04:56

Anyway your dress is gorgeous, really lovely. I think it would suit a pale skin better.

Cereal0ffender Wed 25-Jun-14 20:06:51

I am extremely pale. I can change colour but only at the expense of burning and damaging my skin and then I peel and back to square one

Cereal0ffender Wed 25-Jun-14 20:07:20

I am so pleased with the dress! Glad you all like it

Doitforme Wed 25-Jun-14 20:09:45

Yay. So stay the colour you are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now