Nice stylish but practical shoes for walking...?

(11 Posts)
AppleSnapple Wed 25-Jun-14 17:24:28

Hello all
I am looking for some trainer type shoes for a bit of power walking around the village, school runs, that sort of thing! I usually have converse but just wondering about something different. I have seen some lovely "dainty converse" here but I wonder would they be too narrow going on reviews, also like the sound of Skechers go walk ones here but they are a little frumpy perhaps? Or maybe frumpiness is all in the eye of the wearer?!

Don't know- what are you all wearing on your lovely stylish feet at the moment?

knickernicker Wed 25-Jun-14 17:29:16

The thing is, if you're tall and athletic looking, nothing looks frumpy on your feet. If you're short, chubby, mousey, you need to make sure footwear looks good. You could pretend you're running and get some up to date looking trainers, otherwise, I'd stick with the Converse.

Crutchlow35 Wed 25-Jun-14 17:49:54

Go walk here. Not the best looking things in the world but ultra comfy.

Carpaccio Wed 25-Jun-14 17:54:05

I have a pair of purple Nike Free Run - they are so comfy!

I also have some glittery Guess trainers (in the classic Converse-style) and they've been absolutely amazing too.

TKKW Wed 25-Jun-14 20:57:48

I am the same - in need of practical shoes as i walk a couple of miles around town and to nursery most days.

i love little leather pumps/ ballerinas but only wear them when i drive into town. when i walk to shops and then around them for an hour, i now need comfort!

im currently wearing h and m converse style plimsolls. i've just ordered some real converse in white and a pair of grey. i have narrow feet but have ordered regular converse ox lo i think they are called, they are a bit chunkier than the dainty but i love the dainty too.

sorry - im not too keen on the sketchers as for me, they are too sporty looking.

Petal02 Wed 25-Jun-14 21:57:50

There are some great brightly coloured trainers around at the mo, very comfy to walk/run in, and very "this season"!

AppleSnapple Thu 26-Jun-14 11:17:12

Well, I decided to order some light grey converse (not very exciting but reliably nice!) which have a kind of pre-worn look- they're nice but actually a bit big, so I've decided to bite the bullet and just send them back and buy the dainty blue ones with the cool laces instead! Next day delivery from schuh is only £1 today.... I will need to sit on my hands so I don't order any more shoes! Thanks for your ideas!

JassyRadlett Thu 26-Jun-14 11:22:01

Ah, but if you're tall with large feet, the wrong shoes can make you look like a clown. grin

Apple, I think I have those Converse, they're fab.

AppleSnapple Thu 26-Jun-14 14:35:17

Thanks jassy , feeling better about my height now!!
I'm not sure the original link worked but these are the ones I've gone for - I think they're quite pretty and summery, hope not too narrow, I'll let you know tomorrow when they arrive!

JassyRadlett Thu 26-Jun-14 15:04:13

grin Happy to help! There are many great things about being tall but at not quite 5'9, it's hard to get dresses with waistlines that fall below mid-rib, and shoes aren't necessarily as nice-looking!

AppleSnapple Fri 27-Jun-14 11:21:06

Well for what it's worth, my blue dainty crochet-style prettily laced converse came today (just as the weather turns into welly weather!!) and they are lovely! Quite bright in their blue, but v nice w skinnies or shorts and a bright top. Huzzah, not too narrow and v comfortable too, while looking good (I hope!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now