to lob or not?

(28 Posts)
MikeLitoris Wed 25-Jun-14 15:37:22

You lot will get the deciding vote.

I've posted before about getting my long hair cut but I'm still dithering.

I want the chop, Dp would prefer it long.

I'll post some pics that are similar to how it is now (length and colour) and some of what I fancy having (just length. Colour will be a warm reddish brown probably)

Opinions please

MikeLitoris Wed 25-Jun-14 15:38:54

Long is similar to how it is now. Short is how I want it

MikeLitoris Wed 25-Jun-14 21:16:29

Anyone?

I've just text the hairdressers to book in and he's begging me not to do it! I'm so confused.

WitchWay Wed 25-Jun-14 21:19:02

I like the shorter styles - they're not exactly short are they? Men always seem to go for longer hair. It will grow if you don't like it - it's hair grin

Buttercup27 Wed 25-Jun-14 21:19:06

I went from hair right down my back to a pixie cut. DH prefers it long but it's so much easier short. It's your hair do what you want. Just remember if you don't like it , it will always grow out eventually

MikeLitoris Wed 25-Jun-14 21:21:31

This is my argument with Dp. It grows quickly.

His argument is that I will be buying extensions within a week probably correct there so why bother.

Fcukfifa Wed 25-Jun-14 21:22:37

I had the 'lob' and loved it!! It always felt in a style even when just washed and straightened. I was super blunt, no layers, no fringe and just on my shoulders.

However my style is a little hippy boho-y so I've grown it back out. Every so often I do get pangs for my long bob though.

tethersend Wed 25-Jun-14 21:23:20

Long.

Those mid-length styles can look a bit 'meh' IRL.

MikeLitoris Wed 25-Jun-14 21:27:21

Thing is though tethers is I feel more Meh now because I wear it up so much. It takes aaaggess to style. Or am I fooling myself thinking I'll bother to do it more because it's short.

It's naturally wavy but not in good way so would probably still need a fair amount of work.

confused confused

tethersend Wed 25-Jun-14 21:38:00

Didn't you post a photo of it recently? 'twas lovely.

My hair won't grow past my shoulders, so am just jealous envy

What's the front like?

MikeLitoris Wed 25-Jun-14 22:07:12

Yes I posted a pic of the colour recently. I do love the colour so cutting all that off is another thing putting me off. The front is like the bottom left pic up there. The Kardashian one. Colour is like that too.

mirpuppet Wed 25-Jun-14 22:07:57

Keep it long.

tethersend Wed 25-Jun-14 22:12:22

Yeah, you probably just need a fringe or something. Leave the length.

A long fringe, Daisy Lowe style. But maybe put a vest on grin

CorusKate Wed 25-Jun-14 22:13:35

Have it cut. It'll grow back, and it'll give you clarity - e.g. if you do grow it back out, you'll be standing there rinsing the conditioner out and thinking, "This is a pain in the arse", but you'll have recent memories of having had it shorter, so the greener-grass thing will be easier to fight off. It's easy to hate the hair you have and want the hair you don't, and if it's been long enough since your hair was different, it's easy to forget the things you hated about it and only think of the upsides.

MikeLitoris Wed 25-Jun-14 22:17:33

Can I have her boobs too? I'd that pic was me you wouldn't be able to see mine. They'd be sagging way out of shot grin

I didn't like me with a fringe.

CorusKate Wed 25-Jun-14 22:30:03

I just did this.

I wanted to go shorter, but the hairdresser persuaded me otherwise.

CorusKate Wed 25-Jun-14 22:37:58

And yes, I'm glad I did it. Hair is bloody insulating.

123rd Wed 25-Jun-14 23:12:35

It's hair. If you cut it and you dot like it-it grows back. No brainer

MikeLitoris Thu 26-Jun-14 13:46:49

corus long thick hair is a nightmare in this weather! Sweaty scalp is not nice at all <grim>

CorusKate Thu 26-Jun-14 13:48:26

Mmm, headsweat.

Have you decided what you're going to do yet?

MikeLitoris Thu 26-Jun-14 13:49:28

Nope.

I can't get an appointment for two weeks now so have time to decide. Then change my mind and decide again.

bealos Thu 26-Jun-14 13:53:04

Mid length styles tend to take quite a lot of styling to look right - there's a reason why they only look good on 'slebs. And... I've found that friends go mid length from long as they want something radical but can't quite do take the plunge to the short cut, but then the mid length looks a bit rubbish so they grow it out again.

How does your dp know that he won't like your short hair?

CorusKate Thu 26-Jun-14 13:53:43

[grin) I was determined to get a chin length bob right up until the point I was sat in front of the hairdresser and she persuaded me that I might regret going straight from long hair to short.

CorusKate Thu 26-Jun-14 13:54:55

I meant grin

MikeLitoris Thu 26-Jun-14 16:41:10

bea it's not that he won't like it. He just prefers my hair long. It probably about shoulder length when we met.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now