Update to my "Fuck it I'm going retro skin care thread"

(56 Posts)
HoneyDragon Tue 24-Jun-14 17:39:02

So after sourcing the much mourned ponds vanishing cream, and the Himalayas cream cleanser of my youth after the whole, I'd forgotton how good Nivea is revelation.

My skin is brilliant. Really clean, I swear there were pores coming unclogged that had been for years. And really soft, and the vanishing creams gives such a lovely soft matt affect I only wear make up if I want to, not because I have to to combat shine.

As result of the thread I've also gone back to using Vitapointe and Schwartzkopf Gliss on my (bleach damaged) hair as I used it religiously years ago. Hair is much less frizzy and I get loads of compliments on how nice I smell.

I'm really happy, my skins better and my outlays a lot less.

I've still not been brave enough to revist ten o six though grin grin

wellnowthenmardybum Fri 27-Jun-14 20:40:25

Bump

wellnowthenmardybum Sat 28-Jun-14 08:44:02

Bump....

shoeprincess2 Sat 28-Jun-14 08:56:02

I am very very very intrigued by this Pnds Vanishing Cream for oily skin. Does it really keep skin matte all day? I have oily skin and have spent so much money on so called mattifying moisturisers, only to find an hour after application, my skin is oily and my pores are caterous. I then have to chuck a load of powder at my face to mattify it. Do none of the shops in the UK sell it anymore?

shoeprincess2 Sat 28-Jun-14 08:56:44

*craterous

HoneyDragon Sat 28-Jun-14 09:01:59

No, the Ponds is only available in S Africa and India so you need to google to find stockists that supply it. It does last ages though, and the one for very oily skin is very effective. It does last all day.

I use the Himalayas every morning, rub over face particularly t zone then wipe off with a cotton pad. It's my favourite cleanser, nothing else makes my skin feel soap clean but without the tightness, instead my skin just feels soft.

AltogetherAndrews Sat 28-Jun-14 09:04:20

The only problem with Nivea is that it is full of lanolin, and brings me out in a rash.

I have dry flakey skin, and thanks to having developed a beard (for fucks sake) lots of ignoring hairs on my chin. Lovely.

Heard about stuff called tendskin, but didn't want to pay the huge price, so found a recipe online. It's basically surgical spirit, witch hazel and crushed aspirin, with a bit of glycerine added. I now use all over my face (except on eyes, ouch) No more flakey skin, no more ingrowing hair. No spots. Takes off all makeup, and my skin looks amazing, all for less than a fiver for a huge bottle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now