Birkenstocks- which colour for very pale skin?

(16 Posts)
OwlMother Tue 24-Jun-14 09:20:10

I have been having real problems with my feet and have found that wearing Madrids really help. However the pair I have are black and feel they make my skin look even paler and my feet look huge! Any suggestions as to colour? I'm a red head so have nearly see through skin- veins seem visible etc.

MrsMarigold Tue 24-Jun-14 09:24:38

brown?

StormCloudsGathering Tue 24-Jun-14 12:26:38

I have very pale skin and have them in onyx, silver and a dark, metallic pink - haven't noticed them looking funny with my white/translucent skin!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 24-Jun-14 13:28:21

Any colour you like but I also avoid black as they feel a bit 'solid' when I am wearing them. I like dark olive and earthy colours,I also have pale skin.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 24-Jun-14 13:31:47

If you have foot problems I'd definitely only recommend wearing Madrids occasionally, the 2 strap ones are far more supportivesmile

OwlMother Tue 24-Jun-14 18:58:55

Thanks, I had thought about silver- I just wish we had a place nearby that had a good range of colours to try. I've seen a podiatrist about the feet, I've had one strapped for a week or so and she reckons as long as I have arch support they're good.

DavenotChas Wed 25-Jun-14 07:36:43

The navy nubuck would probably suit and go for the narrow fitting. My feet are by no means narrow but they look far nicer on me than the normal width. I find them comfier too.

iwantgin Wed 25-Jun-14 08:16:17

I bought Gizehs recently in a bronze metallic colour. They are lovely.

( I am not pale but think they would suit most skin tones).

I have Madrids also which are v comfortable, but the Gizehs feel more ' on your foot' ? iykwim? (I dare drive in them, which I won't in the Madrids)

valrhona Wed 25-Jun-14 10:36:04

My skin is a most delightful shade of blue-white, and I find the silver looks good. I have a pair of Birkenstock "relax" (are they last season's Madrid, maybe?) and I love them. I like that the buckle is black against the silver as well trivial.

Pumpkinette Thu 26-Jun-14 10:31:13

I'm super pale and I have these

black toe loop Birkenstock

Not sure if it's because the straps are thinner but I think they look fine with my pale skin. There are other colours too if the black is too dark for you. I choose the black because it goes with everything. I've had them for about 6 years and they are still going strong (been in the sea with them and worn for about 6weeks each summer)

nipersvest Thu 26-Jun-14 11:09:15

i'm quite pale and my madrids are kind of an electric blue colour

AppleSnapple Thu 26-Jun-14 15:15:10

I am pale, I have ones like pumpkinette does except they are from the papillio range- still made by Birkenstock but tend to have patterns on, mine are navy with lots of tiny flowers on, they're fab (I think so, anyway!!) can't link as got them last yr so they don't seem to be available but there are lots of other similar styles. I think deviating from the Madrid style makes them a bit more interesting too.

ZaraW Thu 26-Jun-14 18:38:35

I am really pale and have Mayari in oiled leather in a dark blue. I like them better than the metallic ones I have.

EldonAve Thu 26-Jun-14 19:37:34

I have the same ones as Pumpkinette
I did have some navy patterned ones last year

42notTrendy Thu 26-Jun-14 20:14:46

I'm pale, any of the metallic or patent ones look good. I have silver. I also have a purple patent pair for work, black patent (bought cheap at tk maxx wear on school run under long black skirt!) and a three strap pair which are white with tiny black flowers. I would love a pair of navy patent toe post ones but can't afford them this year! Great for problem feet, I wear them for work as soon as the weather gets above 14 degree as all other footwear cripples me!

Puringmary Thu 26-Jun-14 20:20:37

I am v pale (legs look like a cadaver) and I have a red pair and a patent purple pair.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now