Foundation matching

(7 Posts)
citygirl1961 Sun 15-Jun-14 22:59:48

I've had my foundation match done with Boots No7 and my match seems pale at the side of foundations and tinted moisturisers I normally use, I like a shade a tad darker, especially in summer. I know you're not supposed to use foundation to colour your face but I look too pale otherwise. Do you really need to match your foundation or do you go shades darker?

Fcukfifa Sun 15-Jun-14 23:24:00

I usually go a shade darker. The rest of my body is always a shade darker than my face so would look weird with a slightly more tanned body.

ZacharyQuack Mon 16-Jun-14 04:56:26

Lisa Eldridge has a good video on selecting foundation. here. She recommends considering the shade of your chest and hands as well as your face, so you might need a slightly darker shade on your face to help it colour match your chest.

ThisBitchIsResting Mon 16-Jun-14 07:12:27

I have quite red and pink cheeks so the No7 colour match thing was rubbish for me, was far too dark. I don't really trust orange ladies' decisions on what's right for my skin. The Benefit woman sent me away looking like a tangerine.

I suppose I go a shade paler and usually go for yellow rather than pink toned foundations to even it up. But I got YSL touché éclat foundation and their colour match was perfect and quite a pink one but light too.

Makes sense to look at hands etc too I think.

AdorableAbbie Mon 16-Jun-14 08:41:15

I go a shade darker. Gives me good results on photos too wink

lazysummerdays Mon 16-Jun-14 09:40:15

You should actually go a shade lighter if anything when you are older- not sure of your age!

Foundation should match your skin- colour comes from blusher not foundation.

If your face is darker than your neck ( with foundation) then that looks false.

The problem with No 7 is that it only matches you to the shades they do. They matched me as Calico which was too dark/ pinky. That's because they only do around 8 shades whereas someone like Bobbi Brown has 24 shades.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 16-Jun-14 13:33:20

If you don't like it then take out back, they are excellent at giving returns.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now