Help needed for DH! Summer wedding abroad.

(5 Posts)
OhTheDrama Sun 15-Jun-14 22:09:02

We are off to a wedding somewhere hot (European) in the next month. DH has not got a clue what to wear, he's not the most confident when it comes to clothes anyway. I've not got a clue either, never been to a wedding abroad before. DH is panicking that he'll end up looking like Don Johnson in Miami Vice. So what do you suggest?

RubyReins Sun 15-Jun-14 23:27:22

My OH wore a navy linen suit with a lovely shirt when we were in Paris on holiday and a khaki suit for a beach wedding in Australia - looked great and not at all creased as I feared it might. One was from Marks and the other Next. Steer clear of pastels, wicker shoes and rolled up sleeves wink [hums "Crockett's Theme"]

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Sun 15-Jun-14 23:32:39

What about a light-grey suit? Would that be too hot? I don't have much of an idea, but I hope someone else comes along soon. I'm interested in the verdict!

A linen suit?

OhTheDrama Mon 16-Jun-14 06:10:05

Thanks. I was thinking a light grey suit with a shirt, no tie. Tan shoes?

He grimaced when I suggested a linen suit!

AdorableAbbie Mon 16-Jun-14 08:49:53

Lightweight material and light colored suit is the best way to go. Opt for a khaki cotton suit, like these:

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now