Bikini for bigger boobs

(25 Posts)
beanandspud Sun 15-Jun-14 19:28:00

Figleaves and Bravissimo are good and have loads of choice, I like their halter neck tops and the 'fold style' briefs as my tummy isn't my best bit.

If you can afford to I would order a number of different tops and bottoms - different manufacturers seem to size slightly differently - try them all on at home and then return/swap those that you don't want.

Debenhams have quite a few DD+ styles at the moment but lots of padding and some strange 'lacey' detail on the briefs that makes them look more like pants.

M&S online also worth a look - they have a DD+ range that you don't see in store.

phoneyjoanie Sun 15-Jun-14 19:20:19

ASOS own brand are quite good, though I prefer Panache and Freya. My latest one is a top from Pour Moi with bottoms from Next (although Next do the matching top in a traditional style bikini top). Figleaves sale is on and I rate the Sofina range too.

LJHH Sun 15-Jun-14 17:37:23

Boux Avenue do nice bikins, separate tops and bottoms so easier to get one that fits.
I've been known to cry over bikini buying (dramatic I know) as they never bloody fit but I've always had luck in there smile
They have a few stores but are online

mswibble Sun 15-Jun-14 17:31:01

The padding sometimes gets mishapen too, especially on cheaper bikinis. Removable padding is a nightmare, crinkly boobs anyone?!

mswibble Sun 15-Jun-14 17:26:43

The padding sometimes gets mishapen too, especially on cheaper bikinis. Removable padding is a nightmare, crinkly boobs anyone?!

fullasagun Sun 15-Jun-14 17:19:48

BHS stock the only underwired, non padded bra kind I've found at a decent price..... I HATE padded bikinis with a passion as they remain so damp after swimming.

wasacasa Sun 15-Jun-14 17:18:41

I got a lovely Fantasie one because I know their underwear fits me well but on me it just looks as though I'm wearing my pants and bra! I bought online but definitely worth trying them on if you can.

mswibble Sun 15-Jun-14 17:17:06

Ooh. I am genuinely shocked! Im going to have to spend some time investigating this! I was shocked when todays bikini was an E but a G?!
I need a lie down ...

SorrelForbes Sun 15-Jun-14 17:14:44

mswibble try a 34G

34G I think mswibble

Would agree with 34E/F.

I'd try Bravissimo or one of the online sites like Brastop or Figleaves.

If you find one you like and Google you will usually find good discounted ones.

mswibble Sun 15-Jun-14 17:11:42

Blimey! Just followed the advice too. I measure 34 and 43. What on earth should I be wearing?!

Saracarbonera Sun 15-Jun-14 17:08:41

Wow shock
Ok I'm of to investigate the websites you've all recommended.
Back later with an update.

TheBogQueen Sun 15-Jun-14 17:08:00

Have you tried a slightly padded bikini top? John Lewis have some and they are quite flattering. And lots of different sizes to try on. Next gave some too.

<thinks back to string bikini she wore in Thailand. Looks glumly at boulder holders which dd3 is currently wearing on her head.>

34E/F probably

Saracarbonera Sun 15-Jun-14 17:04:18

Ok so you've made me doubt my size confused
I've just been on the better bra campaign website and measured myself, under my boobs I measure 34 and around them 40.6 which I suppose I should round up to A 41. What would that make me? A 34F/G?

TheNumberfaker Sun 15-Jun-14 16:54:50

What Sorrel said. Get thee to Bravissimo!

mswibble Sun 15-Jun-14 16:50:01

Ive just spent the last week trawling shops and online for a bikini/tankini - absolute nightmare! I did order an underwired tankini from Figleaves which should have been perfect. Alas their 36DD seemed to actually be a B cup or something, the cups spilleth over and over. Looked quite obscene.

I did try a gorgeous bikini on in Debenhams this morning, from their gorgeous range. Ended up in a 36E which was quite a moment but it was fabulous. Even though it was strapless (straps were provided but in a little pouch, couldnt be faffed) it was super supportive and made my boobs look ace. Sadly it would have come to about £50 which I couldnt justify. Ended up with a black tankini which still isnt perfect but the best I could find. Their range for bigger boobs is pretty dissapointing though, they all seemed to be flimsy triangle styles.

AuditAngel Sun 15-Jun-14 16:47:48

I'm a bigger size than you and I got mine in Curvissa.

Not sure where their sizes start.

I am a size 20/22 on the top but only have a 36 inch back. Are you sure your size is correct?

chloechloe Sun 15-Jun-14 16:44:29

freya does really good bikinis for larger cup sizes. They are a bit pricey but last well and are really flattering. Plus they sell the tops and bottoms separately.

SorrelForbes Sun 15-Jun-14 16:42:53

I'd suggest going to Bravissimo if possible.

Forgive me for saying but are you 100% sure that you're a 36D? A size 12 waist is usually around 30" and bra band size is usually the same as your waist measurement (given or take an inch or two).

Debenhams? are you sure of your size too?

5madthings Sun 15-Jun-14 16:39:18

I got a fab tankini in bravissimo, they do bikinis as well. I am a 32gg And a 12 on bottom half. I didn't get their bottoms ad I didn't like the cut but found some plain ones in h&m that co ordinate with the top.

Saracarbonera Sun 15-Jun-14 16:37:17

Where online can I find a bikini? I am a 36D and a size 12 waist and it's impossible to find anything on the highstreet, believe me, I spent hours yesterday trying.

I want a bikini top that is like a bra, underwired, not padded and with normal bra style straps if that makes sense

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now