Summer trousers?

(14 Posts)
ImogenQuy Sun 15-Jun-14 15:46:27

My much loved and ancient viscose trousers have finally given up the ghost having seen me through many summers. They are black, with straight wide legs and an elasticated waist. They are the most comfortable, lightweight things ever, don't need ironing and until they started coming apart looked smart provided I wore a top that came below the hip line. They came from Topshop 15 several years ago.

Where can I get a replacement? I have more money now than I did then but don't want to spend lots of money on hot-weather clothes as I only need them 3 weeks of the year! I really want something that can be dressed up or down and isn't a weird shape. Black is good, but would also consider navy or dark green- pale colours are out with a three-year-old. Stylish MNers, come and help me...

Birdtable Sun 15-Jun-14 15:55:46

Next do some fab wide leg linen trousers. They would need an iron but they are so comfy and look stylish dressed up or down. They also do "chino" shaped linen trouser which are again very comfy and also can be dressed up or down and also very comfy. I think lien is wonderful for summer!

ImogenQuy Sun 15-Jun-14 16:01:15

I have some linen ones too (Boden from about 10 years ago - I should probably be run out of the Style and Beauty board with pitchforks) but love the viscose ones precisely because they don't need ironing, don't mind being stuffed into a small corner of a suitcase, just look fine whatever I do to them.

Marmaladecat1 Sun 15-Jun-14 18:02:49

Thank you birdtable I have been on the hunt for a thinner leg linen trouser!

TwoInTheMourning Sun 15-Jun-14 18:27:45

I have seen trousers exactly as you've described in Warehouse today. Crepe joggers and tailored joggers. Unfortunately they're polyester though. Take a look: www.warehouse.co.uk/TROUSERS/dept/fcp-category/list

ImogenQuy Sun 15-Jun-14 18:33:03

Mmm, yes, polyester in summer doesn't do it for me. Thanks for the suggestion though.

ImogenQuy Sun 15-Jun-14 18:35:02

Birdtable, are these the ones you mean? If so, they're exactly the right shape and style, so I may well buy them if I can't find anything in a non-creasing fabric. Thanks.

yazzy85 Sun 15-Jun-14 19:50:18

Do the next ones come up small or true to size?

dementedma Sun 15-Jun-14 19:54:10

Got lovely navy linen mix ones in Asda of all places. Perfect for work and nice and cool.

ThisBitchIsResting Sun 15-Jun-14 20:07:06

You need these from Hush.

ImogenQuy Sun 15-Jun-14 20:16:40

Not so keen on the tapered ankle - what shoes would I wear with them? I ought also to have mentioned that I have very short legs and those might not be flattering!

Birdtable Sun 15-Jun-14 21:49:47

Imogen yes those are the ones! I wear a size 8/10 and in these I have an 8. Hope that helps yazza.

yazzy85 Sun 15-Jun-14 23:44:15

Thanks!! Have ordered size 8 as well, usually an 8 in next and 10 in other places.

m.warehouse.co.uk/floral-palazzo-trouser/trousers-&-leggings/warehouse/fcp-product/4412903999

what about printed trousers? lightweight and bit more interesting?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now