New Birkenstocks

(14 Posts)
wengle Sun 15-Jun-14 11:40:13

I just bought some Birkenstocks for the first time. They feel great except I'm very aware of the outer edge of the foot bed. My foot is not properly spilling out but sort of on the edge. Will that get better or are my feet too blinking wide for even Birkenstocks?

peachesandpickles Sun 15-Jun-14 11:44:56

I have wide feet and live in Birkenstocks. It is important that your foot sits in the footbed rather than on the edge.

Did you buy narrow ones or regular? You can tell by the little foot picture on the sole.

www.birkenstock.co.uk/Article/View/articleCode/Sizing/ scroll down for width.

wengle Sun 15-Jun-14 11:51:33

Yeah they are definitely regular width..argh my feet are such a pain!

peachesandpickles Sun 15-Jun-14 11:54:21

My feet usually a pain too so I sympathise but luckily Birkenstocks seem to suit me. What style did you buy? Are they long enough? A lot of people say to size down but I've always worn my usual size and they are perfect.

wengle Sun 15-Jun-14 12:02:50

I got the rio as I need a sandal with a back strap. They are my usual size, an 8 and I do think the next size up may allow more width but can't find anywhere selling a size 9!

wengle Sun 15-Jun-14 12:03:16

Could do with an 8.5 I think

gerbiltamer Sun 15-Jun-14 15:33:46

I am a UK9 and a Birkie 42 reg fit is perfect. Try eBay and Amazon as they sell that size.

wengle Sun 15-Jun-14 21:01:07

Thank you I found a shop today to try on and ask in. Alas a 9 is too big, it seems my feet are too fat for Birkenstocks. I have never heard of anyone with feet too wide for birkies!

wonderpants Sun 15-Jun-14 21:12:59

I'm 2 weeks into breaking mine in and I'm still having this problem! Gutted really!

wengle Sun 15-Jun-14 21:18:45

Oh no! That was the worry I didn't feel any amount of breaking in would fix where my feet were sitting I would have needed to remove the outer footbed wall!

It is such a shame as otherwise they were exactly what I wanted. I really hope your feet are not as problematic as mine and wear in for you

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 15-Jun-14 21:25:04

Try men's, might they be wider?

wengle Sun 15-Jun-14 21:35:51

The shop said men's may be wider too, will have a look if I can find some with ankle strap that don't look too 'manly'!

gerbiltamer Sun 15-Jun-14 22:06:24

Sorry to hear that they are too narrow Wengle. I'm sure that I've seen a W fit somewhere, maybe on a German Birkie site, I could be mad or just plain wrong though sad

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 15-Jun-14 23:54:50

I have lots of Birkies, done are wide fit and others regular. Betula is wide iirc,I got them from tk max. I've also ordered from German sites.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now