What so I wear to a summer music festival?

(31 Posts)
Spurtle Fri 13-Jun-14 17:52:35

I am 27 not really, am 35 but refuse to admit it. What do I wear to festivals this year?????

Skinheadmermaid Fri 13-Jun-14 18:13:59

What do you want to wear?
Most people wear denim shorts, band t shirts, dresses...its quite boho/indie generally...of course depends on the festival!

Ihatemytoes Fri 13-Jun-14 18:15:01

Wellies.

Bunbaker Fri 13-Jun-14 18:16:06

Doesn't it depend on the weather? No-on will be looking at you.

Chopsypie Fri 13-Jun-14 18:17:32

Clothes you don't mind throwing away, especially if it's a rock/metal festival. People will throw cups of piss. They may at others but I've only been to that type.
Definitely wellies and some really comfy trainers (you may be camping far away from the festival site)
Things that later easily in case it's cold.
Things that don't take much getting on/off when going to the loo (the less time spent in there the better!)

Have fun!

Spurtle Fri 13-Jun-14 18:20:28

No mess, no mud, no piss for me. I go most years, and am very lucky to have a friend who supplies me with VIP passes, back stage access, etc. that means I need to look cool and trendy so I can fit in. I'm just not actually sure what that means any more, I always seem to be a year behind!

Spurtle Fri 13-Jun-14 18:21:12

See? I used the words 'cool' and 'trendy', thereby proving that I am neither. sad

Bunbaker Fri 13-Jun-14 18:26:25

Sorry. I am neither cool nor trendy. I just want to be comfortable so feel free to ignore any advice from me.

Which festival? And how come you have such lovely useful friends?

Skinheadmermaid Fri 13-Jun-14 18:32:45

Go on Pinterest and type in 'festival style' it'll give you loads of ideas. My Pinterest links aren't coping across on my phone unfortunately.

twostepsister Fri 13-Jun-14 18:33:58

This is what they were wearing at Coachella 2014
starcasm.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Coachella-2014.jpg
I would wear an outfit like the girl on the left if I was going to a festival.

SweetPeaPods Fri 13-Jun-14 18:37:48

I would prob wear a maxi dress, or top, shorts & Wellies

Spurtle Fri 13-Jun-14 18:42:46

I usually do denim shorts and hunter willies, maybe I'll just stick to that and try and buy some new tops. Thanks for coachella links, will look on Pinterest too.

Friend is married to famous band type.

captainbarnacle Fri 13-Jun-14 18:47:10

I spent an hour at lunch time staring watching festival goers at the IoW festival today.

There were no wellies. DMs (patterned) and tiny denim shorts and t shirt. Day glo accessories inc ridiculous plastic glasses...

Spurtle Fri 13-Jun-14 18:50:19

DMs . . . no way. Maybe I'll look for cowboy sort of boots.

Dayglo . . . hell no.

Bunbaker Fri 13-Jun-14 18:54:47

Hunter willies! Can I come as well grin

Who is friend married to? Do tell.

Spurtle Fri 13-Jun-14 18:57:20

Hee Hee, willies, oops.

Not telling who famous husband is, would make me identifiable to anyone I know who reads this. He's just a wee bit famous, you'd know the band name but not him, isn't exciting.

swooosh Fri 13-Jun-14 18:58:33

You go must years so have an idea. I tend to go with denim shorts, wellies if wet, cheapy plimsolls from Primark or flip flops if not, tee, waterproof if wet, zip up hoodie if not.

Kasey12 Sat 14-Jun-14 20:16:14

'Hunter willies' just been laughing so hard, I can hardly breathe. DS and DP been looking at me strangely! Sorry, I can't add anything more to the thread than that!

PrincessOfChina Sat 14-Jun-14 20:19:36

I still fantasise about festival outfits even though I haven't been to one since DD arrived.

I'd do:

Chino shorts
Cami
Kimono
Lots of bracelets
Head band around forehead

Denim shirt dress

Green Grecian midi dress

All with either ankle boots or wellies, depending on weather. Would be tempted into sandals if it had been dry in run up.

Blindlyshining Sat 14-Jun-14 20:36:30

No jeans! If it rains they will take forever to dry and you will be uncomfortable.

I would bare as much arms and legs as possible - if it rains you will dry off quickly. Maybe have a very lightweight waterproof that you can roll up.

At a festival you can't go wrong with denim shorts, vest tops, skirts/dresses. Oh and a hat & sunglasses.

Fcukfifa Sat 14-Jun-14 20:41:00

I dress like in at a festival everyday grin

If you have a big budget try freepeople.co.uk

Or if your not very good at putting outfits together go on asos or topshops website and they have a 'festival shop' or 'festival edit' and they will give you ideas.

Which one are you going to?

Fcukfifa Sat 14-Jun-14 20:41:18

Like I'm*

peasandlove Sat 14-Jun-14 21:05:32

after watching the coachella instagram feed when it was on I'd be going in a boho type romper (if I wasnt almost 40 that is)

MsVenus Sat 14-Jun-14 23:00:19

make sure you take andrex wet wipes with you!

Sorry nothing useful to add style wise!

AgathaAsprin Sun 15-Jun-14 00:12:12

I love the tie dye-y maxi skirt in the Coachella pic (girl on left). Don't suppose anybody has seen anything similar on the High Street this year for my festival jaunt?! Sorry for mini hijack...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now