Problem with too-low halter neck dress

(8 Posts)
WildThong Fri 13-Jun-14 12:22:12

The dress has lightly padded cups so no bra necessary which is good. But..it is really low at the front, if I bought the clip on inserts, where could I clip them to? Or does anyone know if these bandeau tubes are any good for low tops?

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Fri 13-Jun-14 15:56:54

could you not sew up the gap a little? or sew some lace in rather than clip on.

tethersend Fri 13-Jun-14 16:11:10

Can't you take some fabric out of the bit that goes behind your neck? Then the neckline would be higher.

WildThong Fri 13-Jun-14 16:27:11

Thanks for replies. I don't think I can sew it up because it doesn't cross over at all so the two 'cup' bits are quite far apart. If I shortened the halter I'd end up with nipple nostrils grin Maybe I could sew in a bit of material though, I've got 3 stretchy white vest tops so I could maybe sacrifice one of them.

evelynj Sun 15-Jun-14 21:41:55

Ooh I was just thinking the other day that I should try to make a a little triangle bit like that as dresses always too low on my boobs-is that the case for most people? I couldn't face the extra layer on hols so didn't wear a few dresses.

WildThong Sun 15-Jun-14 22:02:55

evelyn same here! definitely do not need a vest in Spain grin

splodgeness Sun 15-Jun-14 22:23:10

I bought those things that clip onto the bra - personally I found them hopeless - they ruck up or come unclipped and are generally a PITA. The best thing I have found for this problem is the bra tops they sell in primark - like vest tops but stop below the bust. 2 for 4 quid, does the job nicely, not as hot as a vest top but stay put.

splodgeness Sun 15-Jun-14 22:24:54

Oooo just read it is a halter neck. I have tried the bandeau tops too and yes they also do the job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now