Mason Pearson fans - fine, static hair?

(10 Posts)
permaquandry Fri 13-Jun-14 07:17:50

I am toying with the idea of getting a Mason Pearson hairbrush, know they are mega bucks, but I don't own a decent brush any more.

I have fine, long, hair that's prone to static.

Any recommendations for an MP or any other brand?

CaulkheadUpNorth Fri 13-Jun-14 07:23:12

My mum had fine, static hair and swore by her mason Pearson brush. She has had it for 40+ years.

My hair is thick and the same brush was fine for me to. Is definitely recommend.

Madrigals Fri 13-Jun-14 07:38:48

I have the same hair and adore my Denman - cheaper and amazing smile

permaquandry Fri 13-Jun-14 10:56:14

Thx caulks - which MP is it? Also, thx madrigals, which Denman?

CaulkheadUpNorth Fri 13-Jun-14 12:06:21

I've just done a quick search in my phone and hers seems to be BN1 (boar bristles and nylon) and either the "popular" or "ladies medium" size.

Madrigals Fri 13-Jun-14 12:42:05

Mine is nylon - the boar bristles seem to make mine worse

evelynj Sun 15-Jun-14 22:05:17

I have a pure bristle for my fine static hair, but I already had a boar bristle brush, it just didn't have a designer name or price-denman from tk maxx I think. I don't think there's much difference but I do love mine & it will last years but so will the other one! Could you add it to a wishlist to ask for it for the next occasion? I got mine with vouchers from leaving work.

I'd say check tk maxx for similar

permaquandry Sun 15-Jun-14 22:09:51

Thx Evelyn, so are you saying you having the pure bristle mason pearson one, and it's ok for static? Which one is better, the tx Maxx one or the MP?

permaquandry Sun 15-Jun-14 22:10:15

Have, not having!

evelynj Wed 18-Jun-14 21:03:21

Yes perma, seems to be for me. I like them both & can't see much difference, certainly not enough to justify the price difference. This looks good to me. If you decide it's not good enough, (lots of other folk claim they really love their MPs, then you can get one & use this as a spare.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sibel-Classic-11-Row-100-Pure-Boar-Bristle-Hair-Brush-/201095916907?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Hair_Care_Brushes_Combs_PP&hash=item2ed2402d6b

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now