What can I wear to a funky but casual village hall wedding reception?

(10 Posts)
Frolicacid Sun 08-Jun-14 13:31:04

Just that really. We are going to the reception for our lovely friends wedding at a village hall in a few weeks. They are both muso / arty types so the party will probably be very cool.
I'm a short and curvy size 12. Big boobs, tiny waist and crap legs. Anyone got any ideas? I'm sort of taken by the idea of printed trousers, a cami and blazer but am worried after seeing shitloads18 year old chavs out wraring printed trousers last night. Budget not massive (£100ish) but could be stretched for something that I will use again.
Help?
P.s please be nice - this is the first time I've ever started a thread grin

Frolicacid Sun 08-Jun-14 17:40:48

Hopeful bump!

Have you tried Bravissimo/Pepperberry? They're cut for the larger bosom...

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Sun 08-Jun-14 17:43:50

I love printed trousers. You would only look hmm if you paired them with really thick make up and trashy jewellery, otherwise I think you are safe. smile

Frolicacid Sun 08-Jun-14 17:54:21

Thanks! Will check out bravissimo / paper berry. AndIFeed I'm definitely not a thick make up / cheap jewellery type!
Just been looking at these www.riverisland.com/women/trousers--leggings/cigarette-trousers/Navy-floral-print-high-waisted-trousers-654906
with a cami / blazer combo in a toning colour. Has anyone seen anything that might be nice?

OorWullie Sun 08-Jun-14 17:55:20

I bought some printed trousers at the weekend and love
them. I am quite quirky/arty and i've been wearing them with a bright cami and baggy cardi but they look good smartened up as well.

stay away from trashy make-up and plastic jewelery and you should be fine.

new look have some nice ones.

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Sun 08-Jun-14 18:59:23

Those trousers you linked to are fab.

Frolicacid Sun 08-Jun-14 19:09:49

I quite like these ones as well. www.asos.com/River-Island/River-Island-Floral-Tailored-Trouser/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4092931&cid=17397&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=-1&sort=-1&clr=Black+print
I think that the more tailored styles will look better on my short frame than the jogging bottom type that are everywhere.
Does anyone know where there is a good selection of coloured camisoles?

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Sun 08-Jun-14 19:18:48

Like the second pair too! topshop have got lots of camis in. Some have lurid patterns but some are plain.

Frolicacid Sun 08-Jun-14 20:32:03

Thanks! I think I'll order both pairs of trousers and take it from there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now