Has anyone size 16+ bought the much talked about Next Harem/Jersey trousers?

(29 Posts)
peachesandpickles Thu 05-Jun-14 16:25:33

If so, whats the verdict?

here

I'm tempted by all the threads but have mostly seen size 10/12s recommending them.

squeezycheeseplease Thu 05-Jun-14 16:28:44

I'm 14-16 and I would look absolutely horrendous in those.

I was at a theme park recently and lots of women had them on; started to rain and they looked like they needed their nappies changing.

They do look very comfy though . . .

poorbuthappy Thu 05-Jun-14 16:36:26

I'm a 12 and bought a similar pair from peacocks.
My arse has never looked bigger so they are going back!

WildThong Thu 05-Jun-14 16:37:04

What is the material like? If it has a little bit of weight (like a light cotton jersey) they would be nice on. If it's that shiny thin slippy stuff that's everywhere just now, that would not look good.

littlegreengloworm Thu 05-Jun-14 16:38:12

I'm not a 16, I looked massive in them

Sudocremegg Thu 05-Jun-14 16:41:16

I'm a size 8 and looked bloody awful in them, but I have hips/thighs that they clung to in a most unflattering way. They may work if you're more apple shaped, but I'm not sure it's a flattering look for anyone.

dexter73 Thu 05-Jun-14 16:50:38

I think that those trousers win the prize for number of times the word 'comfortable' can appear in a review!

lizandlulu Thu 05-Jun-14 16:57:40

I'm a 16 and have these, I thought they looked fine although will check in the mirror at my behind before wearing them again!

evertonmint Thu 05-Jun-14 17:03:22

I'm thinking of them as post-baby wear. Due next week, will be a 16 I suspect (hover on 14/16 borderline normally) and need something comfortable while I slowly shrivel back into shape.

I'm quite hippy (as in big hips, not lentil weaving) though so suspect they may look terrible, but they can't be worse than maternity wear post-birth.

mirpuppet Thu 05-Jun-14 17:07:43

I have some. I would say comfortable but not stylish. I never feel well put together in them. I feel a bit frump so half of the time when I put them on I take them off or change before leaving the house.

I did wear on a long haul flight and they were -- guess what -- COMFORTABLE!

FitByForty Thu 05-Jun-14 17:08:18

I'm also a 16 and have a pair. Wore them on holiday last week with a little camisole vest. Whilst it's not something I would usually go for, I wanted that (dreaded) comfort. And they are lovely and comfortable.
I thought they looked ok. May also check rear view before I venture out in them again though grin

FelixFelix Thu 05-Jun-14 17:09:11

I'm a 16, sometimes 18 on bottom and they look alright on me. I bought the black ones. I always make sure I wear a long top with them though otherwise my arse looks HUGE.

peachesandpickles Thu 05-Jun-14 17:10:14

I'm a 16 apple. I'm torn. I think I might order a pair to try on.

School holidays starting here soon and I'm a SAHM so have plenty of scope for wearing 'comfortable trousers' grin

frankietwospots Thu 05-Jun-14 17:11:55

I'm a size 8 and always dress them up with strappy sandals and a statement necklace (but that's just me all over). I saw a girl wearing the smudge/leopard ones yesterday in town and reckon she was a size 16. She looked really good in them. She was wearing them with strappy heels and a blazer. She was quite tall though and had v glam hair too.

@WildThong: the fabric is a lightweight jersey, not that horrible slippery stuff.

WildThong Thu 05-Jun-14 21:19:12

Thanks frankie I quite fancy trying a pair. I have the plain black New Look ones, I'm a 14 - 16 and I think they look ok with longer length vests. They are for my holidays and schlepping around the house.

JamJimJam Thu 05-Jun-14 21:41:12

I keep seeing people in these lately. Fat or thin - they all look awful. Really unflattering.

JessesGirl Thu 05-Jun-14 21:47:32

My mum bought a black pair recently, she is 5'3 size 18/20 so you'd think they would look awful but actually she looks great in them! I'm a little bit jealous actually grin

Cherrypie32 Thu 05-Jun-14 22:05:29

I bought some today and my 4 year old daughter told me I looked weird in them so I actually took them off for the school run.

Butterflyspring Thu 05-Jun-14 22:48:24

I found them v unflattering, baggy in all the wrong places and also within a few hours of wear so very baggy and stretched at the knees so they looked ridiculous.

I sent them back.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Fri 06-Jun-14 12:24:50

I looked horrid in them but bought these which are extremely comfy and flattering, I am a 16
here

Gillybobs Fri 06-Jun-14 15:38:22

I wonder if they are best on apple shapes? Im a 16 apple and feel great in them, the drape is very minimal so doesn't add too much width. I resisted this trend for so long but think these hit the spot as they aren't too voluminous. However if I was pear shaped I suspect it would add width at just the wrong place iykwim

McFox Fri 06-Jun-14 16:49:04

I've bought them in a 16 and they looked fine to me - I am massively pregnant though (due today!) so who knows what they'll actually look like on come next week smile

Blackjackcrossed Fri 06-Jun-14 17:15:46

I bought them in a size 10 - every time I wear them people comment on how skinny I am and how nice my trousers are and the buggers don't comment often. I'm tall though. I wear mine with Saltwater sandals.

Shonajay Fri 06-Jun-14 18:46:13

I'm tall and a size 12 and have about five pairs - v similar to these but off amazon for like six quid a pair. Love them, but I never look at my arse!

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 06-Jun-14 18:48:00

I saw them in the shop and they are shit material. H and M, Accessorize and Monsoon all have lovely ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now