help me buy a new summer bag

(10 Posts)
Ladyfoxglove Thu 05-Jun-14 16:19:04

I have £150 to spend on a summer bag but don't know what to go for. I'm a HOC clear Spring so try to keep accessories within my colours IFSWIM.

I ordered the peach bowling bag from Boden but I'm really disappointed with it (leather quality is poor, as is the design).

Any suggestions?

madammecholet Thu 05-Jun-14 16:26:46

Ooh love a good bag search! Not sure what colours are in HOC clear spring, can you list them? I saw this coral one recently which looked gorgeous.. What size etc do you need?

Scousadelic Thu 05-Jun-14 16:30:42

I bought a Modalu Pippa earlier this year after an email offer via MN, could you look for something like that. It is a lovely bag although a bit heavy and they do loads of colours. You'd need one at a sale price though.

Ladyfoxglove Thu 05-Jun-14 17:14:01

They are both gorgeous bags. I love the Georgia too but at over £200 it's a bit too pricey for me.

I think Spring colours are periwinkle blue, coral, yellow, bright green, so peacock colours essentially (apart from the coral).

I'd like a bowling bag size: 30 cm wide x 25 cm high. Certainly no bigger than that but not small either as I'm tall and broad shouldered and look stupid with anything too twee or girly grin

CMP69 Thu 05-Jun-14 17:28:51

lettuce do some lovely bags I have a purple cross body one with butterflies on, but it's last season's so not on the website.

madammecholet Thu 05-Jun-14 18:19:09

Any of these work?

blue

coral

perwinkle blue

green

Ladyfoxglove Fri 06-Jun-14 09:57:52

Oh - Modula Pippa is now on my swoon list. Lovely but like you say, needs to be a sale purchase. I love the Hallhuber and Sandwich bags too. So much choice. Thanks everyone for your input. I may get two or three over the next few months (haven't bought a bag for ages).

SandInMySandwiches Fri 06-Jun-14 16:19:17

www.nvlondoncalcutta.co.uk/all-collection/ladies-classic_leather/audrey

I'm always recommending bags by this company. I don't have any undeclared interest, by the way. Amazing quality, nice company, good value. I want all of their bags and purses!

SandInMySandwiches Fri 06-Jun-14 16:22:17

btw, what's 'HOC'. Googling came up with Honda Owners Club and Harlequins Orienteering Club. I'm assuming you don't need a nice bag for your map and compass….

Ladyfoxglove Fri 06-Jun-14 22:44:17

Oh, they are lovely bags. <covets quilted overnighter>

Laughing at Honda Owners Club!

HOC is house of colour (getting your colours done). Now Im a bit older, I need to stick to flattering tones to avoid looking like a corps grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now