What can I order from M&S to make the £15 postage worthwhile?

(15 Posts)
LivinLaVidaLocal Thu 05-Jun-14 14:28:00

M&S have a 20% off online day today so I am buying DH some shirts as they're the only ones he likes.

However we live abroad and the postage is a total ripoff £15 whereas the shirts themselves are only £20!

Soooo is there anything cheap and frivolous I can treat myself to?

LivinLaVidaLocal Thu 05-Jun-14 14:47:05

Bump as I want to order before bedtime! grin

LivinLaVidaLocal Thu 05-Jun-14 15:15:00

All I can find is 80p bubble bath... sad hmm

spottydolphin Thu 05-Jun-14 15:20:06

buy double the amount of shirts, so they last??

pants, socks, tights? boring I know :-/

Thurlow Thu 05-Jun-14 15:26:27

I always buy pants and socks and stock up. Hardly frivolous though, sorry blush

Coumarin Thu 05-Jun-14 17:02:47

Don't know about cheap but they've really expanded their skincare range recently, well, over the last year or so. There's some really great brands stocked on there now and maybe some things that you can't buy where you are.

Or what about some make up bits? Their own brand is quite nice.

Thurlow Thu 05-Jun-14 17:06:32

Actually I always liked this perfume, it smells just like Issy Miyake's L'eau de Issy

WanMairChoon Thu 05-Jun-14 17:52:36

I used to stick up on shirts, bras and tights when I lived abroad, or then I'd get the kids coats and jackets and pjs

ShineSmile Thu 05-Jun-14 19:04:56

The jeggings. They have a huge rang but most of them are very comfy.

WallyBantersJunkBox Thu 05-Jun-14 19:07:51

Be careful not to get a big customs bill - are you out of the EU?

I went a bit mad doing this and got stung for £50!

If you are in the EU then yes I would stock up on comfy knickers! grin

movingtoourwillow Thu 05-Jun-14 23:31:40

Might be too late but Ren skincare is lovely...

www.marksandspencer.com/c/beauty/ren

MildredH Fri 06-Jun-14 00:10:25

Maybe too late but I ordered some Rosie Huntington whatsit lingerie in the vain hope it makes me look a bit like her

MildredH Fri 06-Jun-14 00:11:06

Sorry just noticed we are past midnight so is too late. Must go to sleep !

LivinLaVidaLocal Sat 07-Jun-14 00:21:08

Thanks for the tips, I have actually written them down for next time! grin

They wouldn't let the shower gel and bubble bath be despatched abroad, which is annoying because they used to. Wonder what's changed.

So, in the end I did just get a 5 pack of knickers and [http://www.marksandspencer.com/crochet-lace-ballerina-pumps-with-insolia-flex/p/p22298770?colour=Cream these cream ballerina pumps]] because I thought they were quite pretty and I wouldn't be able to find anything like them here.

It says a lot for the state of M&S though! I did like some dresses and tops but where things used to be say £25, they're now £40, if you see what I mean, and I just can't justify taking such a chance. Oh well.

Coumarin Sat 07-Jun-14 04:19:05

I like those ballet flats. The coral is nice too. I was wanting some Summer shoes that didn't have open toes so thanks for the link.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now