Great flip flops - any recommendations please?

(47 Posts)
CrepeFoofette Mon 02-Jun-14 09:15:56

I like wearing flip flops around the house but have never found the ideal pair. They always seem to stretch and get baggy around the toe post so don't cling well to my feet and take more effort to keep on...IYSWIM?

Any recommendations for flip flops that are comfortable to run around in all day, and that keep their shape?

Thanks thanks

drbartlet Mon 02-Jun-14 09:20:57

Reef are the best IMO.

Mrsap Mon 02-Jun-14 09:21:19

Havaianas. All the way. Other ones feel uncomfortable now I've been wearing these for the last few summers.

littlegreengloworm Mon 02-Jun-14 09:21:51

Haviannas - they are so comfy and cannot break smile

Another vote for Havianas. I have a pair with no back- traditional flip flops- and a pair with an kind of sling back that look a bit fancier so can be worn with dresses and stuff in a non beachy way and are even more comfy.

Before I met DH I would never have spent twenty odd quid on flip flops but he converted me by saying they were heaven for the feet and by god was he right! They last ages too. I'm on my 2nd and 3rd pair (obviously simultaneously) in 6 years whereas before flip flops only lasted me the season.

MellowYellowWag Mon 02-Jun-14 09:44:13

Another vote for Havaianas. I find the 'Slim' range most comfortable.
In previous years Matalan have had Havaianas on a good deal, not sure if they do now but it's worth looking

frankietwospots Mon 02-Jun-14 09:45:06

Yep, Havianas are deffo worth the money.

Dumpylump Mon 02-Jun-14 09:48:45

Havaianas. I have a few pairs - just because I like to have different colours, and ones that I bought a couple of summers ago are still perfectly fine. I have found them in TKMaxx once or twice at about half the price they are anywhere else. smile

If you want something that looks a bit different, Animal are nice. The toe post is cloth and I find them much comfier.

CrepeFoofette Mon 02-Jun-14 09:57:32

Thanks everyone smile

somedizzywhore are these the type? www.havaianas-store.com/en/Sandals/Woman/FREEDOM.html

Ememem84 Mon 02-Jun-14 10:04:09

Another vote for reef here. the leather ones are great.

peasandlove Mon 02-Jun-14 10:07:28

I would have said havaianas but i've found the toe posts snap very easily now. My first pair I lived in for about 6yrs, but the newer ones arent as strong. I think they are just mass producing them cheaper now.

Dropdeadfred2 Mon 02-Jun-14 10:11:20

Betula by birkenstock

claracluck71 Mon 02-Jun-14 10:21:34

I like Animal flip flops, especially the ones with spandex toe posts - very comfy.

icanmakeyouicecream Mon 02-Jun-14 10:31:37

I live in these, so so so comfy.

BelleateSebastian Mon 02-Jun-14 10:58:40

Fitflops .... they're ace smile

bishboschone Mon 02-Jun-14 18:28:13

Err I've broken havianas .. I'm on about my 10 th pair and I love them but they are breakable . When they wear out the circle under the toe pot breaks off .

Incapinka Mon 02-Jun-14 18:40:01

Sperry topsider are seriously comfy and last. Love mine and always gutted when they die. Only downside is they have to come from the states...

mamalovesmojitos Mon 02-Jun-14 18:50:40

Havaianas. Now, mine broke after a year. Tbf I wore them lots but I did expect them to last longer. Still, they're so comfy I just got another paid.

MonterayJack Mon 02-Jun-14 19:03:40

I tried some Havaianas on today for the first time. They are the first flip flops ever that the toe post seems ok for me on. The prob I had is that the 3/4 was a bit too small and the 5/6 much too big. Grrrrrr.

lizandlulu Mon 02-Jun-14 19:07:16

Another vote for havaianas, I've got several pairs, mine have never broke, but not bought new ones for a couple of years.

Ipanemas are made from the same stuff and have lovely designs but never fit my feet properly

Crepe they're the ones! I get loads of compliments.

beanandspud Tue 03-Jun-14 23:38:47

I have some Merrell flip flops. They were £££ blush but I wear them every day in summer and can walk miles in them.

Fat Face is also worth a look as some of theirs are foam soles and fabric toe post rather than rubber and very comfortable.

Crocs - moulded sole gives more support than flat ones and they seem indestructible. Far comfier than Havianas.

Justinepants Wed 04-Jun-14 02:35:30

Fit flops -no idea if they're actually toning but they're really comfortable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now