HOC consultant recommendation in London?

(14 Posts)
Pusspuss1 Sat 31-May-14 13:57:29

Can anyone recommend a really good HoC consultant in London, please? I had my colours done at CMB about 5 years ago, but recently I saw a personal shopper who also does colour analysis, and when I showed her my colours she said that she thought I'd been misdiagnosed. I could see what she meant, and I'm now confused! I've read lots of good things on here about HoC. I'm based in NW London and was looking at the HoC lady in Hampstead, Fiona Ingham, who looks very good, but I'd love a recommendation.

Many thanks.

BeginnerSAHM Sat 31-May-14 20:06:23

She got mine wrong.... Sorry. CMB got it right twice and then went for a rerate with another hoc person who definitely confirmed the CMB 'diagnosis'. I'm not zealous about it but if you're going to base your wardrobe purchasing on it, it's an expensive mistake. (Also heard she was very good - she put me as winter - I'm a bright spring (or clear and warm), so not even a 'blue spring' which has more overlap with winter. I definitely have slightly warm skin, not at all cool.) HOC person that got it right was in streatham if you want to look her up.

Pusspuss1 Sun 01-Jun-14 18:21:23

Thanks! It seems to be a bit of a minefield, especially if you don't obviously fall into one season or the other. I suspect that's the case with me, which is why there's some doubt about it.

Hopefully Sun 01-Jun-14 18:25:51

I am tricky to analyse and I had mine done originally by Alex Turchyn in Brighton (am now a consultant myself, but a few hundred miles away from you!). She was absolutely brilliant, have sent quite a few friends her way. So if you ever fancy a trip to the coast... grin

Pusspuss1 Mon 02-Jun-14 09:19:28

Ok, thanks Hopefully - I do occasionally go down in that direction, so it's a possibility!

Decameron Mon 02-Jun-14 09:26:49

I went to Morag Young off High St Ken, thought she was really good.

Stokey Mon 02-Jun-14 09:51:43

Has anyone used the lady in Enfield?

I think she is my closest although was toying with the Chalk Farm one too (until I read this thread...)

MollyBdenum Mon 02-Jun-14 09:57:10

It's not HOC but I've heard really good things about Nikki Bogardus who comes to London regularly from the US.

ProjectGainsborough Mon 02-Jun-14 15:31:38

I used Morag in Kensington, too and rated her.

Charitygirl1 Mon 02-Jun-14 15:57:19

Obviously this doesn't contradict what Beginner said, but I've been to Fiona, as have friends and family, and have all found her great - fun, engaging, and (I think!) accurate.

BeginnerSAHM Mon 02-Jun-14 20:05:25

Well, everybody can have an off day I suppose!!

Pusspuss1 Fri 06-Jun-14 20:14:49

Just noticed more replies, thanks everyone! Hmmm, mixed views on Fiona, then. I will check out Morag too.

I went to Colette in Wimbledon and her partner Brian did my style. They were both fantastic - strongly recommend!

Stokey Sat 07-Jun-14 08:55:22

I've booked Fiona in Camden for July so will report back

I couldn't find out anything about the Enfield lady so went for the next closest to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now