okayyyy... so I've just had botox

(112 Posts)
ProjectGainsborough Wed 28-May-14 09:07:47

And my resting face looks great - smooth forehead, brows nicely arched. However, when I raise my eyebrows, I look DEMENTED. Like Ming the Merciless.

It's only been a few days. Should I go back, or will it settle in? I asked him to retain some lift, as I was terrified of brow-droop, but equally, I don't want to spend the next six months looking like I'm up to no good.

I actually laughed at the idea of looking like you are "up to no good". Sorry, no advice from me, as I haven't had Botox yet, but it's on my list of things to do.

scarletforya Wed 28-May-14 09:27:34

Go back. They've 'Spocked' you.

You'll need a little over the outside of each brow.

kinkymouse Wed 28-May-14 09:37:00

Oh dear I'm having a good old chuckle at this. So sorry poor you but of the images are just to funny in my head. I think you should go back, I have no experience but Ming Brow might be a well known condition.

Branleuse Wed 28-May-14 09:45:46

go back, thats not how its supposed to look

RonaldMcDonald Wed 28-May-14 10:03:23

scarletforya is spot on

ProjectGainsborough Wed 28-May-14 10:52:26

Thanks for the advice, back I go then...

merlotguzzler Wed 28-May-14 11:59:25

grin Sorry, again no advice here, but I'm sure there's something they can do to.............. de-ming you.

Good luck!

YellowStripe Wed 28-May-14 12:02:09

Photo .......? grin

showtunesgirl Wed 28-May-14 12:03:04

Sorry. Still laughing. grin

BumWad Wed 28-May-14 12:15:16

I'm laughing too. Ming the merciless grin

merlotguzzler Wed 28-May-14 12:21:22

Me too show grin grin

Really shouldn't, cos this is something I'll probably be doing in the future and karma's a bitch!

Op, just to repeat that I'm sure it will be fine. Maybe this is actually quite normal and it will settle down in the next few days.

FoxyHarlow123 Wed 28-May-14 13:08:43

Yep, it's called spocking and you just need a tiny bit above the middle of each eyebrow.

SuburbanCrofter Wed 28-May-14 16:02:13

Oh I don't know Gainsborough - it could be quite useful! There you are looking sweet and innocent, till someone crosses you and you give them your best Jack Nicholson as the Joker impression.....

ProjectGainsborough Wed 28-May-14 20:37:55

Thank you all for your sympathy.

No. No photo. Imagine this envy

But not green.

FishCalledWonder Wed 28-May-14 20:44:37

Hee hee! Did it hurt?

ProjectGainsborough Wed 28-May-14 21:00:05

No, it was fine. The lack of wrinkles is amazing. I'd be really pleased if it wasn't for the mad eyebrows.

FoxyHarlow123 Wed 28-May-14 21:02:49

It's annoying but so easily fixed and now you know it happens, say next time to the doc that you get spocking and they'll automatically put a bit in to prevent it.

JustWonderingAbout Wed 28-May-14 21:30:56

Tee hee
_taking notes for when I have a go_
Thank goodness for MN de-shocking tips.

leeloo1 Wed 28-May-14 21:34:40

"taking notes for when I have a go"

Note 1: Get Botox

Note 2: Request they don't make me look like Ming the Merciless.

Done.

grin

ps Good luck OP

Tiggywinklespinny Wed 28-May-14 22:24:14

I get mine done then I get a 2 week check, takes a little while to settle. I can still move just..need to retain my angry face for certain moments!

orangefusion Thu 29-May-14 19:34:52

I love Botox, it has restored me to me a face I know and like. I also love my Botoxer, a lovely, very plump Russian lady who chats about her love life and buys me wine on my birthday. She now does me and my friend a the same time and this week there were four of us crowded into her treatment room as another pal came along to see if she could face it (did you see what I did there?). I am 52 now and have been having it since I was 39 and short of not having a job so I can pay for it, I will continue for as long as it works well.

I have had one "droopy" time with a very expensive Harley St plastic surgeon and would never go back to her. She promised the next treatment for free but didnt follow through and me being a wimp was too embarrased to remind her. That was before I found the lovely Elena.

Elena sounds fab - how do I find such a marvel (assuming she is in London?). I am 39 and think it might be time.

orangefusion Thu 29-May-14 20:47:14

Sorry Belinda, not London.

ProjectGainsborough Thu 29-May-14 22:39:00

Would we be allowed to do 'this is who I use and this is how much it costs' thread? Or does that break rules? It's so hard to find someone good.

Obviously, I can't really recommend Dr Ming. At least until he sorts me out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now