Creper Roses

(999 Posts)
SheherazadeSchadenfreude Mon 26-May-14 08:49:20

Here!

SheherazadeSchadenfreude Mon 26-May-14 08:54:17

Herbs - A & E to check him out? Or call NHS 111?

bigTillyMint Mon 26-May-14 08:56:57

That was quick!

SheherazadeSchadenfreude Mon 26-May-14 08:58:19

Oh I don't hang about!

Blackduck Mon 26-May-14 09:01:26

So we're heard MrsS!

Yes Herbs - A&E?

Beachy envy it's still Barca......

herbaceous Mon 26-May-14 09:03:21

He's up now, and seems fine in his head. He really hit his side on the way down, and is wondering if he's broken a rib. I shall endeavour to get him to take it seriously...

Blackduck Mon 26-May-14 09:10:16

Ouch Herbs - keep an eye on him..

motherinferior Mon 26-May-14 09:50:40

Worth checking, Herbs. Morning all.3

bigTillyMint Mon 26-May-14 09:52:07

3???

Blackduck Mon 26-May-14 09:55:26

You mean you don't know about 3 BTM? Tut tut smile

bigTillyMint Mon 26-May-14 10:03:00

confused

motherinferior Mon 26-May-14 10:07:56

It was meant to be a grin. Clearly am still addled by booze. I must be: we were stumbling around in our v badly planned kitchen this morning and I heard myself say to DP how would he feel if I opened drawers onto his crotch... wink

Dyeing hair and eyebrows simultaneously. So glam.

bigTillyMint Mon 26-May-14 10:13:34

Hope you don't get scouse brows, MI! DD got her eyebrows done last week and is praying fot them to go a bit lighter!

lalsy Mon 26-May-14 10:46:36

Blimey, this is all very exciting. Dull weekend here, but all cheerful. dd walked 40km in ill-fitting army boots yesterday as part of cadets, so we spent a happy evening cataloguing and bursting her blisters (ideal pre-dinner activity with Martini in hand). I hurt my knee volunteering but not badly enough to join the crepey ward round. How are you Crem? And Herbs, hope your dh is OK.

Auriga Mon 26-May-14 11:00:19

Back from wonderful workshop in beautifully restored 300 yr old Unitarian meeting house. Acoustics were perfect. Byrd, Palestrina, Monteverdi, Purcell, Caccini. Performance in the evening was great fun. Nearly burst with pride at DD's solo, her first in Italian. Good reunion of old friends, four of whom sang at our wedding grin

Back to anguished call from BIL with more grim news of mentally-ill sister. Bubble well and truly burst sad

Crem, hope you are more comfortable.

lalsy Mon 26-May-14 11:17:34

Auriga, so sorry sad.

motherinferior Mon 26-May-14 11:21:35

Oh Auriga. So sorry.

CointreauVersial Mon 26-May-14 12:28:16

Auriga, what a depressing end to what sounds like a lovely day. sad

No hangover here, but I'm aching quite a lot after all the walking we did yesterday. My left hip in particular (I found myself doing the penguin shuffle which I remember was my aged grandmother's trademark walk).

DH took some lovely pics yesterday. We have a cute photo taken back in 2006 with DS (then 6) and DD2 (2.5) standing on a bench on the Thames Path, with Tower Bridge in the background - we tracked down the very bench and recreated the scene. DS obscures quite a bit more of the view than he did back then.

CointreauVersial Mon 26-May-14 12:28:56

Auriga, what a depressing end to what sounds like a lovely day. sad

No hangover here, but I'm aching quite a lot after all the walking we did yesterday. My left hip in particular (I found myself doing the penguin shuffle which I remember was my aged grandmother's trademark walk).

DH took some lovely pics yesterday. We have a cute photo taken back in 2006 with DS (then 6) and DD2 (2.5) standing on a bench on the Thames Path, with Tower Bridge in the background - we tracked down the very bench and recreated the scene. DS obscures quite a bit more of the view than he did back then.

cremolafoam Mon 26-May-14 12:46:59

Herbs I think a trip to A&E might be a good plan. Oh dear.

Auriga that's very sad. And obviously a shame that your wonderful day was shattered.

I'm comfortable but struggling to walk. Could be doing with ddads rolatorshock feeling quite depressed about this whole episode.

Beachy enjoy wonderful Barcelona! I wish I was there wandering about the food market and nibbling tapas.
We were there in 2012 and had a splendid meal at La Flauta.
Memorable.

motherinferior Mon 26-May-14 12:47:01

I am attempting to make up for yesterday's shortcomings by cooking veg curry (v nice coconut-based one, my mother's recipe originally meant to incorporate chicken too) and flapjack. Flapjack is for the Yorkshire escapade. My parents - and I speak from bitter experience - have NO idea how much teenagers eat. Will melt and spread dark chocolate on top and expect 14 year old nephew will inhale it.

beachyhead Mon 26-May-14 13:05:16

Suns out.... Mr Beachy has form for breaking ribs while pissed, twice! Both involved bikes....

Auriga Mon 26-May-14 13:33:14

Thanks, all. We stayed over in a luxurious B & B and had lunch with friends on Sunday, so there was a bit of time to savour our success before we got the bad news.

It's had a bad effect on DM though. She's been distraught this morning. She's sleeping badly, getting much more forgetful & needing more help with everything. I don't think I can leave her overnight again, it was too much of a worry. Her phone works as a personal alarm but she won't use it. Perhaps I should install a granny-cam?

Blackduck Mon 26-May-14 14:01:45

Oh Auriga sorry to hear...

Oh Cremo La Flauta - lovellllly.....
Here quiet day - dp working, I have done local food market and looking at the next half term and having a heart attack - I have no idea how I'm going to fit everything in...... (And work as well)

Stropperella Mon 26-May-14 14:02:33

Would a granny-sitter masquerading as a dog-sitter be a possibility, Auriga?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now