Sun hat for a big head

(20 Posts)
Lucylookout Sat 24-May-14 22:56:55

I've got a big head, no sun hats fit me, or if I do manage to squeeze it on it feels like the blood supply to my brain is being cut off. I'm looking for a sun hat for my summer holidays, preferably a wide brimmed one that will protect the back of my neck and possibly shoulders too. Anyone else out there with a big head who's found something suitable?

Chewbecca Sat 24-May-14 23:09:05

I do too.

I bought a sun hat from Kickers about 15 years ago because it came in sizes instead of the 1 size fits all. I've bought so many since, all uncomfortably tight, perching on top of my head. I revert to my kickers hat but DH hates it!

My only suggestion is to look at the men's section, many of those tend to fit, the style is obvs the issue there, but some are more unisex than others.

Hebburnisaplaceonearth Sat 24-May-14 23:41:48

I got one from landsend a couple of years ago which fits my larger than usual head, but they don't seem to be doing them this year. I saw Panama hats recommended on here recently from amazon sold by head size do they might be ok?

Lucylookout Sun 25-May-14 19:54:56

Ok, thanks. Looks like I'll be heading to the men's department in John Lewis!

magentastardust Sun 01-Jun-14 22:45:38

I got one in H&M a couple of years ago-wide brimmed straw hat with black ribbon/trim. I couldn't be bothered faffing with taking it home so left it there not remembering I have a large head and it was actually a bit of luck I found one to fit in the first place! grrrr! I am on the search just now!

lentilpot Fri 06-Jun-14 16:01:56

Just bought a sun hat for my enormous head at M&S in the women's section! It even fit my ponytail in!

Selks Fri 06-Jun-14 16:10:12

This lovely hat and this stylish one both come in large, from Village Hats, as do others of their sun hats.

BeCool Fri 06-Jun-14 16:13:40

there is a big head sunhat website.

I have a big head too - I pretty much buy any sunhat that fits me as I can't be fussy. I've had some great straw ones over the years but they don;t last long.

Current one is made from grosgrain ribbon - from Barnes fair 2013.

BeCool Fri 06-Jun-14 16:18:45

ah the one selks linked to

CarpeJugulum Fri 06-Jun-14 16:21:02

Try Village Hats?

They provide a range of styles and sizes, and while not cheap, the quality I've always found to be excellent.

peachdaiquirionmytoes Fri 06-Jun-14 20:11:14

I have just bought one from M&S which fits my rather large head perfectly.

CorusKate Fri 06-Jun-14 20:16:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CorusKate Fri 06-Jun-14 20:19:43

Marylou2 Fri 06-Jun-14 20:59:54

M&S Medium/ Large hats are a decent size. So glad I'm not the only huge headed person on MN.

defineme Fri 06-Jun-14 21:02:36

I have s trilby style from mens asda.
doctor and hairdresser have commented on my massive head!

auldspinster Sat 07-Jun-14 12:59:35

I got a bucket hat from an Australian site, my head is a mahoosive 63cm, I look like a Mr Man when I try on regular hats.

CorusKate Sat 07-Jun-14 13:00:53

CorusKate Sat 07-Jun-14 13:09:30

CorusKate Sat 07-Jun-14 13:13:25

CorusKate Sat 07-Jun-14 13:14:30

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now