Should I spend £380 on a lovely interchangeable Fossil watch??

(40 Posts)
ROARmeow Fri 23-May-14 21:01:40

looky here

Fossil are celebrating 30 years and have released a limited edition watch to celebrate. One face which fits onto 30 leather/plastic straps to create lots of looks.

It's my 30th birthday soon and DH offered to buy it for me as a gift. The icing on the cake is that the back of the watch has "30th" imprinted.

Would love it, and we can (sort of) afford it, but just wondering if anyone else has any experience of the Fossil Georgia watch style or this specific limited edition.

LettertoHerms Fri 23-May-14 21:04:57

I love Fossil. I love my Fossil watch (which I got on discount). I won't click the link because I'm sure I will want that too.

If it's doable for a special occasion.... I would, I really would.

TrinityRhino Fri 23-May-14 21:05:11

Personally I wouldn't spend that amount of money on something not necessary.

I don't wear a watch so that doesn't help.

It doesn't look like an expensive watch.

It doesn't look that nice either.

but if you really like it and you have that kind of money to spend then go for it grin

MuttonCadet Fri 23-May-14 21:07:19

I think it's lovely, my friend has a fossil watch and loves it (I prefer more classic pieces myself), but certainly it's decent quality.

gertiegusset Fri 23-May-14 21:08:26

I like it but it is a lot of money.

NinetyNinePercentTroll Fri 23-May-14 21:08:38

It looks gimmicky and cheap and nasty. So, no.

CeeceeBloomingdale Fri 23-May-14 21:14:57

I like the idea and the watch but I have a similar watch I bought on ebay for well under a fiver (with only one leather strap) so not sure I consider the price to be worth it.

ROARmeow Fri 23-May-14 21:15:24

Interesting responses...

I love watches, actually already have several blush

Does anyone have any links to similar but nicer watches?

Initially I'd set out to look for a rose gold one, but am struggling to find one that I like. I do really like this and tried it on this morning DKNY rose gold

Hopefully Fri 23-May-14 21:18:27

I really like it! You know it's showing as out of stock though?

ROARmeow Fri 23-May-14 21:25:47

hopefully yes I saw that it's out of stock on the Fossil UK site.

Was in my city centre this morning and they have it in stock in the branch, which is where I tried it on and fancied it.

QueenCadbury Fri 23-May-14 21:26:05

I like it but would be concerned whether a fossil watch is worth that amount or whether you are paying for the gimmick? For that price you could probrably get something much better quality. Having said that, if it makes you happy and it's for a special occasion then go for it.

ihatethecold Fri 23-May-14 21:27:07

The link didn't show the watch for me.
I bought a fossil watch in the USA. It was a lot cheaper than here.
Do you know anyone that's going over there?

KatyS36 Fri 23-May-14 21:29:27

Would you wear most of the straps a reasonable amount? Or just stick to one or two favourites? If the former, buy it, its lovely. If the latter, then I don't think it is worth the money.

ROARmeow Fri 23-May-14 21:34:44

thecold no, don't know anyone who's heading over the USA, sadly!

Katy I think I would wear most of the straps, and they could be worn as bracelets on their own, or in a block alongside the watch. I also think my DD might end up wearing some of the brighter colours as bracelets....

KatyS36 Fri 23-May-14 21:40:21

In that case I think it has your name on it. it is a special birthday after all smile

ROARmeow Fri 23-May-14 21:44:28

For my 21st birthday I got a Fossil watch and it's still going strong, so maybe that's a good omen for getting this for my 30th.... smile

MirandaWest Fri 23-May-14 21:47:11

The link doesn't take me to a watch either - just to the fossil site. Am trying to find it though

blibblibs Fri 23-May-14 21:51:23

I want it envy

For that sort of money you could get a beautiful Art Deco watch at an auction - they're ridiculously cheap considering they might be gold with small diamonds or sapphires

iK8 Fri 23-May-14 21:54:08

I think it's sold out. Shame, looked good!

dexter73 Fri 23-May-14 22:15:55

I like it. Much nicer than the rose gold watch - I don't like the colour at all, looks very cheap to me.

ROARmeow Sat 24-May-14 07:09:11

Think it's really strange that the link is showing for some, but not others.

If you Google "Fossil Georgia Limited 30" it should bring it up.

bakingaddict Sat 24-May-14 07:14:09

It doesn't matter if other people like it or not or what my opinion of it is but the important thing is to treat ourselves to frivolous things from time to time.

What with the engravings and all i'm sure it will become special to you. Enjoy

Nerf Sat 24-May-14 07:42:53

Link and google not working so haven't found it, but as watches by fossil range around 50 to 100 usually, it's a bit like having several cheap/mid range watches rather than one lovely one?

ROARmeow Sat 24-May-14 07:51:16

Yes Nerf that is sort of the idea.

Means I can wear it with lots of different outfits, and wear it daily. Makes sense really, but deep down I'm thinking that it's nearly £400 and debating whether or not that's sensible...

I do still like it though wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now