Has anybody seen a stylish white trouser suit affair thingy? Does such a thing exist even?

(21 Posts)
JuanPotatoTwo Fri 16-May-14 09:08:01

Please say yes smile.

I'm going to a summer party outdoorsy type event in June, quite smart from what I can gather. I don't really feel comfortable in dresses/skirts so wondered if something as per my thread title would do. Not tall enough to do flared/palazzo legs. Any suggestions or alternatives please? Thank you.

uptheauntie Fri 16-May-14 09:12:19

I'm sure I saw a nice one in next recently

starfishmummy Fri 16-May-14 09:13:39

Personally I don't think a white trouser suit sounds right for "quite smart".

KikitheKitKat Fri 16-May-14 09:15:30

Wallis?

Amy2014 Fri 16-May-14 09:16:03

Like charity dingles wedding suit in emmerdale?

JuanPotatoTwo Fri 16-May-14 09:39:35

Thanks for replies. Don't like that Wallis one, sorrysad.

starfish - you mean it wouldn't be smart enough? How could I wear trousers and still look smart?

Off to google Next and Emmerdale smile

JuanPotatoTwo Fri 16-May-14 09:48:08

Umm, I do actually quite like that suit Charity Dingle's wearing. Is that very wrong?

uptheauntie Fri 16-May-14 09:58:18

I think a white trouser suit can look v smart, especially with a pair of good heels and bag. And a nice top under which will look good with the trews alone, if you remove the jacket.

Steben Fri 16-May-14 10:01:55

I am confident I have seen one in French connection and reiss....

JuanPotatoTwo Fri 16-May-14 19:46:46

That's what I was hoping uptheauntie (love your namesmile) but feared I might come over a bit Saturday Night Fever.

Steben I have a suspicion you're withholding info! Do you own a suit from Reiss or French Connection per chance?! if so, spill. Couldn't find one in FC but saw this in Reiss://www.reiss.com/womens/suiting/raffa/green-mist/

It's really nice I think (I know it's not white)?

uptheauntie Fri 16-May-14 20:17:42

The reiss one is lovely, but I think I prefer it in white actually. Thec green colour is perhaps a little muted?

And no they aren't sat night fever, unless you planned a black shirt and black platforms with it.....

MrsLettuce Fri 16-May-14 20:25:28

I like the cut of the green reiss one but the colour is a risk pastel will date damned quick too

The cream one they have ATM is nice, like the pastel pale blue one too but the white waffle one? Not sure.

JuanPotatoTwo Fri 16-May-14 20:28:35

Ok not the green one then, thanks. I like this jacket - is this the one you mean MrsLettuce?

MrsLettuce Fri 16-May-14 20:36:27

no, no, if that shade happens to flatter you (and a potentially shorter shelf life than white doesn't bother you) then absolutely go for the green. In an of its self it's a beautiful shade but not one that will suit everyone, by a long shot. The cut is lovely.

cream
blue - am rapidly going off this one, fabric is annoying me. Haven't seen it in the flesh though.

white waffle

JuanPotatoTwo Fri 16-May-14 20:39:51

Oh it wd have helped if I'd linked to the jacket I thought you meant, sorry blush.

But, as it happens, you linked to it anyway smile. I'm leaning towards that one now I think.

MrsLettuce Fri 16-May-14 20:49:28

wink

Karen Millen have a white summer tuxedo - jacket & trews - the styling is very odd and the components aren't shown together either but I suspect it'd be worth a trying on.

MrsLettuce Fri 16-May-14 20:54:31

oooh, if you have a need for a soft green something this top is a beauty.

JuanPotatoTwo Sat 17-May-14 00:08:51

That green Ghost top is beautiful - really pretty.

When you said the Karen Millen styling was odd MrsLettuce I think you were being most polite. I probably would've said awful smile

FashionLover1 Thu 30-Jun-16 09:09:56

Message deleted by MNHQ for Spam

JuanPotatoTwo Thu 30-Jun-16 16:49:20

Opened this thread in a vaguely interested sort of way - and what do you know? It's my zombie thread! Feel strangely flattered smile Although I cannot for the life of me remember what event I was attempting to dress go!

JuanPotatoTwo Thu 30-Jun-16 16:50:04

Dress for, not go

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now