Tiptoe this way and tell me your Footner stories...

(22 Posts)
WillowMoo Sat 17-May-14 17:25:45

I found it better if I kept the socks on for 2-3 hours as opposed to the 1hr stated on the box. It's fab in all its grossness!

Coumarin Sat 17-May-14 13:27:23

I'm doing mine tonight. <dramatic music>

Soaking nightly is definitely the way to go. Then dry off with a towel and the loose pieces will just roll off [boak] but [satisfying].

Definitely not painful but totally gross for a couple of days.

I'd say mine were baby soft in a week or so.

Have a packet upstairs (bought 2 for 1 last summer) and I'm itching to do it again now. Was intending to hold off until we are in full-on sandal weather.

cathyandclaire Sat 17-May-14 09:34:57

<klaxon>
My feet are starting to peel, just a little flaking at the moment and nothing to challenge MrsHoolie but looking promising...
Now if I can just control the urge to pick grin

Coumarin Tue 13-May-14 23:10:07

It doesn't hurt at all. You don't feel anything. You don't peel the skin, it just does it itself and then afterwards you have soft, smooth feet. Much more effective than any foot file or scrub.

Minshu Tue 13-May-14 22:17:13

I did mine 10 days ago and the peeling has mostly finished, apart from the tops of my feet which are suddenly vaguely flaky (but nothing like the MrsHoolie stage I had on the bottom of my feet after about 5 days).

Slightly disappointed in that I still have some hard lumpy bits on heels and balls of feet, but over all my feet are loads better than they were.

It wasn't at all painful or uncomfortable.

MrsHoolie Tue 13-May-14 20:05:44

It doesn't hurt or itch at all. You aren't supposed to pick the skin off wink

Fedupnagging Tue 13-May-14 20:00:50

That all looks a bit extreme and gross painful.

It would probably be worth getting a decent pedicure and ask them to work on the hard skin. You will also get your toenails and cuticles done too.

GreatSoprendo Tue 13-May-14 19:56:52

And no, it doesn't hurt in the slightest! It just looks horrific at its peak!

GreatSoprendo Tue 13-May-14 19:56:10

I'd say soak them each evening after you've done the Footner and you should have shed that skin and be smooth and lovely in maybe 8 to 10 days.
Love Footner. Such a satisfying experience!

Saurus72 Tue 13-May-14 19:53:18

Good grief - does it hurt?

oliviafrombolivia Tue 13-May-14 19:42:42

barf! good god!

MrsHoolie Tue 13-May-14 19:40:05

No,don't panic!About five days I reckon.
I should have put a warning on that in case people are eating!

cathyandclaire Tue 13-May-14 18:37:27

MrsHoolie shock please tell me that wasn't after a fortnight?

MrsHoolie Tue 13-May-14 18:35:01

A photo in progress grin

MrsHoolie Tue 13-May-14 18:33:04

I used them recently for the first time. I have to say I have been a bit disappointed as the results weren't brilliant,still had cracked heels etc.
But OMG when they started peeling it was SO gross!

cathyandclaire Tue 13-May-14 18:30:56

ooh thanks Coumarin, cross posted, will definitely soak as have plenty of elephant hide skin

Coumarin Tue 13-May-14 18:29:51

I should say that I didn't really have that much hard skin. No cracked heels just dry patches on heels and balls of feet. They looked and felt really good afterwards.

cathyandclaire Tue 13-May-14 18:29:38

Well Saurus I have looked at my feet and something HAS to be done, so I am wearing the Footner thingies as I type, I'll keep you informed! I read on an old thread that soaking them in water daily speeds up the peeling, so toes crossed I shall have baby soft pink feet in 2 weeks.

Coumarin Tue 13-May-14 18:28:20

I did it 6 months ago and they're ready for another do now. I have another box waiting to be used. It took about 5 days for the peeling to really start and lasted a week if I remember correctly. I think it'll depend on how much dead skin you have to start with and soaking your feet for 20 mins or so each night during the process will hurry it along.

Saurus72 Tue 13-May-14 18:23:38

Excellent timing for this thread thanks - I'm considering buying some too. I use Flexitol daily, but it seems like I could do with something else to kind of 'clear the decks' before Summer then I can maintain it with Flexitol. But sorry, no advice!

cathyandclaire Tue 13-May-14 17:50:17

Long story..but bizarrely will have to expose my bare naked feet on film in two weeks time, potentially in close up <shudders>
Disclaimer, this is not in any way glamorous or sleb-ish.
Anyway I've invested in footner socks and am expecting miracles-but the bumf (sp?) says they can peel for two weeks. I cannot risk shedding lumps of dead skin on camera. How long did you peel? Am I safer sticking to hobbit feet or taking the plunge tonight?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now