can you recommend bras for 30f chest??

(103 Posts)
yazzy85 Tue 13-May-14 15:33:59

I just realised on mumsnet my size should be 30f and not the 34c I have been wearing, that explains a lot! Can you please advise on where to buy some nice bras in this sizing? Thanks

CMOTDibbler Tue 13-May-14 15:35:20

I buy mine from Bravissimo - I like a half cup style

amazonianwoman Tue 13-May-14 15:48:28

John Lewis also good.

mrsbug Tue 13-May-14 15:54:27

Second bravissimo. I'm also a 30f and my best fitting bra is the panache tango, i have it in lots of colours. However different styles fit different people so go and try a few on in your size.

JennyOnTheBlocks Tue 13-May-14 15:55:13

debenhams have great selection in Freya and Fantasie too

yazzy85 Tue 13-May-14 15:57:23

Is the Fantasie Rebecca or Freya Deco any good? They are on offer at John Lewis. Thanks for the replies ladies.

JennyOnTheBlocks Tue 13-May-14 15:58:36

you really should go and try them on, or order them and try them at home

what fits me might be awful on you and vice versa

yazzy85 Tue 13-May-14 16:05:37

I will have to order online, have two toddlers at home and one has autism so he's terrified of the shops.

juneau Tue 13-May-14 16:06:35

I'm a 30E and have some own-brand bras from John Lewis that are very comfortable.

Charitygirl1 Tue 13-May-14 16:07:57

Panache Tango II!

SoyYo Tue 13-May-14 16:12:53

Go to, I find they have more choice on DD+ cups than Bravissimo and usually have some sort of sale/discount on, and are very prompt to refund any returns (unlike Bravissimo who I had to chase to acknowledge and refund a recent returns).
Also really good selection of cup sized swimwear.

Since you know your size just choose a couple you like but really depends on the make. For fit and everyday use I like Fantasie Tshirt (non padded ) bras, I take a 34FF and one of my boobs is a different cup size from the other.I find this style is comfortable and accomodates both boobs well, the wires don't dig in and perfect (if not very glamorous) for every day. I have these in black, nude and white.
For something a bit nicer you can try the Panache tango bras they come in tons of colours, good support but I find the wires dig in a little under my arms, still fab for wondrous cleavage for an evening if you get the plunge style.
Also from figleaves I got a lovely black lacy Gossard underwired style, had to go up to a 34G as Gossard comes up a little smaller cupsize but it is very pretty and comfortable. Again non padded!
Hope this helps, and I think it is very much a matter of personal preference but I hate padded bras personally as my not require further bulking! Underwiring is a must though and having yourself fitted regularly too!

Clayhead Tue 13-May-14 16:16:38

Panache Tango - ace for that size imho!

amazonianwoman Tue 13-May-14 16:20:02

I have 2 Freya Decos from John Lewis - bought just before the 20% discount angry. I love them. The Fantasie equivalent (can't remember the name) fit well but was VAST. I'm 36FF/34G

Chopsypie Tue 13-May-14 16:30:42

Have a look on amazon as well. Often not as much choice but you can sometimes grab a bargain. I've just got a shock absorber max sports bra for £16!

yazzy85 Tue 13-May-14 16:38:51

I have ordered the panache tango ones off Amazon to start off with and I now know which other websites I can look for more in this size thanks to all the lovely advice from you ladies.

yazzy85 Tue 13-May-14 16:55:37

I ordered the Tango Classic Plunge (padded) and Tango II Plunge (non padded), the top of my chest area is not very full so hopefully plunge style will work better than the balconette?

Coumarin Tue 13-May-14 18:34:02

I actually find the balcony bras work better for me and I have bottom heavy boobs. Not full at the top. Try all different types at first though to get a feel for what works for you.

I like Bravissimo, Figleaves and the Gorgeous range in Debenhams is surprisingly good.

Coumarin Tue 13-May-14 18:34:47

(I'm a 30ff btw)

PickledPorcupine Tue 13-May-14 18:36:51

Another vote for Bravisimo here! I'm a 30FF and always get a new bra checked for size. The ladies that work in there are fab!

RaisingSteam Tue 13-May-14 18:53:46

I like the Freya Gem and Faye bra's for every day styles, they give you a lovely shape. It is really worth trying on though, if you can get to a Bravissimo make the trip.

Something different is the Fantasie Esme bra - it's a T shirt bra and is quite minimising and comfortable, quite good for doing active things like gardening IYSWIM.

LemonBreeland Tue 13-May-14 18:55:03

Fantasie, Freya and Panache are all lovely brands.

If you are fuller on the bottom of your breast then half cups and balconettes will generally be better than plunges. Plunges actually have more fabric at the top towards the outside of the cup and this tends to gape on people who are full on the bottom.

I would suggest trying the Cleo Juna, Cleo Maddie, the half cup version of the Freya Deco. Other options would be the bravissimo branded half cups, the curvy kate half cups (tease me, thrill me, fleurty, entice for example), freya patsy half cup...

Don't be disheartened if the Panache ones don't work for you. there are quite significant differences in the shapes of the different brands - as a rule, panache has very deep and narrow wires, cleo is still fairly narrow but not as armpit stabbing, freya is a bit wider, curvy kate wider still, and tutti rouge is wider again. Bravissimo own brand are varied.

SheherazadeSchadenfreude Tue 13-May-14 19:36:23

Debenhams have a good selection.

mrsbug Tue 13-May-14 19:55:51

That's interesting statistically, freya bras never quite fit me as well as panache ones do, now i know why, i must have long and narrow boobs ��

mrsbug Tue 13-May-14 19:56:30

That was supposed to be a smile, can't do them on my phone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now