Think I've just noticed a quite big inclusion in my engagment ring diamond...

(8 Posts)
PenelopeKeeling Mon 12-May-14 19:36:54

Bought a month ago, chosen by me and OH together. The other day I was idling looking at it, and in the diamond there is what looks like a very very tiny grey flake. There's no damage to the surface of the diamond, which is totally smooth.

I can't remember which grade of diamond it's supposed to be, I think VS1. It's an antique one.

Is it an inclusion or have I damaged it somehow? If it is an inclusion, what should I do? I love the ring and don't want a different one. It also makes no difference to the reflection of the light, it's twinkly as hell. You can only see the grey thing if you look super closely in the right light.

Navybluetutu Mon 12-May-14 19:40:32

I think most diamonds have inclusions. Flawless diamonds are £££££. Just try and enjoy the beautiful ring you have chosen. Nobody else will notice.

PenelopeKeeling Mon 12-May-14 19:44:58

I know it's not meant to be flawless but if it is VS1 you are not supposed to be able to see them with the naked eye. Mainly I'm just wondering if I have damaged it somehow...

WildBill Mon 12-May-14 20:10:07

It's the hardest substance known to man so it's unlikely you've damaged it.

spottydolphin Mon 12-May-14 20:15:58

assume you have a certificate with it? if so check the grade and then if you think it doesn't match what you have take it back to the place you bought it and ask them

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 12-May-14 20:21:43

Give it a good scrub with an old tooth brush and soapy water. Seriously, it really helpssmile

Kundry Mon 12-May-14 23:09:27

Unlikely you have damaged it as diamonds are tough! You'd have really damaged the ring and your finger before the diamond came to any harm.

RudyMentary Tue 13-May-14 06:50:41

VS1 diamonds should be 'eye clean'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now