Workwear chatty thread Part 2

(999 Posts)

Let's talk workwear. Maybe a little bit of non workwear fashion chat, too.

My blog is at theworkwearedit.com but our chat goes above and beyond that.

Lurking - do you really want to hear about my silver shoe search!? Well. I was going to order from the Chinese site, but it doesn't have PayPal, so I thought perhaps a bit dodgy / unwise to punch in my debit card details. Paranoid? I went to Banana Republic today, and I must say their shoes are divinely comfortable. I also went to J Crew and theirs are t nearly as soft. So.... I will prob order the BODEN wedges, but I really am not looking for wedges I have realised, while hoping against hope that I can pick up some BR ones via eBay. I will also order the black Allegra pointed flats as they aren't so pointy that they will buckle at the point and the comfort factor is seductive. God, have some wine, that was a but epic.

Oops, Allegra pointed flats are from BR in case that wasn't clear.

EduardoBarcelona Mon 12-May-14 20:36:58

I wore the next suit again today. Is still amazing

Ememem84 Mon 12-May-14 20:50:21

I am a tucker in with shirts and pencil skirts.

I am looking for slim fit ankle grazer trousers. I am 5'10. So need something I can wear with heels which don't make me look like a flag pole.

lurkingaround Mon 12-May-14 20:52:52

I also looked for the Next suiting last week. Wasn't in my local store either, just the usual un-buyable stuff. You must be right about it being online only.
I think you're right re the not buying without PayPal. Hardly worth the risk. The memory foam insole in BR sounds gorgeous. Great idea.

This is the yellow cotton biker I tried on. Sold out on,one, but hopefully will be restocked. It's gorgeous www.zara.com/uk/en/trf/outerwear/zip-jacket-c358030p1960507.html

Ememem - how about Gap's tall range (click on tall tab when viewing certain items)? 25% off until today...

Here is the aqua jacket. I stopped when I saw it - lovely. www.zara.com/uk/en/woman/outerwear/trf/peplum-jacket-c431506p1935042.html

LOVE the yellow jacket. Would make me look dead, but I adore it.

SnowNotSoWhite Mon 12-May-14 21:27:33

Just dropping in to say its good to see a work wear chat. A couple of purchases but can't seem to post multiple links so bear with
heels for work

SnowNotSoWhite Mon 12-May-14 21:29:30

The necklace is not too big - I've seen it in real life, and it's beautiful. Fairly heavy, but fabulous.

I'm sure someone linked to these blazers? I haven't tried them on, but I saw them today and they are gorgeous! The fabric is lovely, and now they are on sale (online, anyway) for £40 shop.mango.com/GB/p0/women/clothing/jackets/frayed-detail-boucle-jacket/?id=21080191_N1&n=1&s=prendas&ident=0__0_1399925782043&ts=1399925782043

EduardoBarcelona Mon 12-May-14 21:52:06

Christ. Those anthropology ones are vile. Sorry

Someone linked to this on another thread, and I think it would be a great,business casual skirt if you want an alternative to a pencil skirt www.cosstores.com/gb/Shop/Women/Skirts/Twisted_seam_skirt/7086-15359392.1#c-24479

lurkingaround Mon 12-May-14 22:20:07

Love those Zara jackets. Particularly the yellow. Would make me look ill tho.

mirpuppet Mon 12-May-14 22:28:15

Belinda how do you think the Banana Republic necklaces & other jewelry compare to Zara?

Typically, I find Zara necklaces to be better quality than Banana Republic ones.

That said, I don't like most of the necklaces that are in Zara at the moment, but when they have their J Crew-esque metal and stone necklaces out, I find them better than most of the Banana Republic ones. This is because the BR necklaces often have bright gold hardware (which looks cheap) and plastic looking stones (Zara seem to use glass and crystals). Some of the BR necklaces are terrific, but I am just talking in general.

Another point is that the BR necklaces are often significantly more £££ than Zara. Example: this is lovely in real life (I saw it today), definitely one of the best BR ones I have seen. But it's £60, and Zara necklaces are around the £30 mark.

lurkingaround Mon 12-May-14 22:56:33

So. What do you think of these trousers from Zara? I like them but am a bit concerned it would be all ahoy there matey.

lurkingaround Mon 12-May-14 22:57:13

Oh fgs sold out in every size but teeny tiny.

They are a bit "hello sailor", but I like a little dressing up, a little irony etc. maybe don't add a Breton and gold trimmed cap?

I wonder if Zara will be restocking some things?

lurkingaround Mon 12-May-14 23:10:10

grin Don't really want to be playing dress up for work! Will leave the gold trimmed cap at home!
Sometimes they let you submit your email in case they restock and they will contact you, but they don't give that option with those trews, so seems unlikely they will restock. Some lovely trousers but in straight and narrow leg I need to try loads in a real actual shop, like.

KosherBacon Tue 13-May-14 06:32:28

Banana republic 30% off in store today. Unfortunately you have to buy a copy of Hello! magazine and show it in store. I am going to be in London today and the Regent Street branch is soooo much better than the Trafford Centre. But it involved buying Hello!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now