What's your holy grail foundation?

(51 Posts)
AmIGoingMad Sun 11-May-14 11:47:20

So far my favourite is double wear light but its not quite my HG.

I've just ordered a lily lolo starter kit after a recommendation on here.

I like medium to full coverage but not mask like. I'm also very pale so finding a colour match can be difficult!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 11-May-14 20:32:51

Mac has silicone in it so it must just be the formula that's better for you rather than the silicone iyswim.

coffeeinbed Sun 11-May-14 20:37:23

I've been using Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturiser for over four tubes now.
And a tube lasts me six months or so.

Schmoochypoos Sun 11-May-14 20:41:13

coffeeinbed I can second your recommendation for chantecaille just skin, very light coverage, doesn't block pores, no horrible smell and lasts for ages!

eyeliner I buy MUFE from gurumakeupemporium

My HG is NARS Sheer Glow

coffeeinbed Sun 11-May-14 20:44:04

It looks really natural, doesn't it?
Good stuff, that.

FluffyDucky Sun 11-May-14 20:44:08

Elizabeth Arden mineral foundation (in the grinder pot), No7 Stay perfect Superlight and Stay perfect. I've been using No7 Instant Radiance quite a bit too recently.
I've used MAC foundations in the past, I think I used the cream one, I was very happy with it at the time.
I LOVE Bobbi Brown tinted moisturiser (in the pot) but alas a little too pricey for me thesedays

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 11-May-14 20:45:12

YSL teint éclat

RubyrooUK Sun 11-May-14 21:02:45

Armani Maestro. Just brilliant on my skin. Tinted moisturisers make no difference to me; most foundations just seem to sit on my skin and highlight the flaws. This one makes me look like me but better.

I think it all depends on your skin type though. I have used others that have worked well at certain times (eg Bare Minerals, YSL airbrush one, MAC, Prescriptions) then pregnancy/temperature changes suddenly render it useless for me. So I think it's trial and error in the main.

TheWorldAccordingToJC Sun 11-May-14 21:47:14

I've tried them all. And I mean ALL

Currently on Stila 20 watts. Quite impressed

AmIGoingMad Sun 11-May-14 21:58:19

Hmm I like the idea of tinted moisturiser and bb cream etc but I'm always massively disappointed they haven't turned me into a perfectly glowing creature! I've come to the conclusion that I need more coverage and must find a foundation that does this!grin

icanmakeyouicecream Sun 11-May-14 22:43:58

Garnier BB cream, then bare minerals.

AmIGoingMad Tue 13-May-14 22:22:09

The lily lolo sample pack arrived today! Looking forward to trying it!

singaporeswing Wed 14-May-14 02:27:04

I've been wearing Laura Mercier Moisture Supreme recently, which looks fantastic on my dry skin.

It's a great colour match too (NW20 - Blush Ivory).

I love the formulation of MUFE HD but can't seem to get a great colour match, it's all a little too yellow for me, but is my go-to for when I've got more of a tan.

I'm desperate to try out NARS Sheer Glow and the Giorgio Armani one. I also use Lancome Teint Miracle when I'm doing bridal make up as it photographs perfectly and is a great formulation.

EyelinerQueen Wed 14-May-14 07:10:10

Yeah singapore my MUFE shade, Ivory (115) is for palest and pink toned skin. After that there's a 9 shade gap before the next shade for pink tones confused.

Maybe I'd built it up too much but NARS Sheer Glow was a huge disappointment to me sad.

On a makeup ban now for a while so won't be indulging in any new ones anytime soon!

TheFillyjonk Wed 14-May-14 07:21:00

Nobody's mentioned my absolute holy grail foundation - Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. It gives a beautiful fresh finish and makes me look more velvety, if that makes sense.

polyhymnia Wed 14-May-14 10:05:44

The lighter (in texture not colour) the better for me. Heavy foundation is very aging.
Second the Chantecaille one. Also love Laura Mercier and Becca tinted moisturisers.

aster Wed 14-May-14 11:03:22

I have to agree with middle the Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick is a great colour match (Natural) which goes on nicely but has zero staying power. I now need a new foundation and have to start the whole palaver again.

Onsera3 Wed 14-May-14 12:04:34

Yes Nars Sheer Glow was a bit of a let down. Good coverage without being too heavy but pooled in my pores making them noticeable when they never usually are.

middleagedspread Wed 14-May-14 12:17:50

aster, I wonder if I'm putting it on wrong? I couldn't get on with using a brush so tried to swipe it straight on. It feels very thick.
The reviews I read were glowing, which seems very odd.

EyelinerQueen Wed 14-May-14 12:39:33

Blimmin eck!

My MUFE HD that I ordered only 4 days ago from Sephora U.S. has just arrived shock .

What amazing service! And it's so pretty grin .

Rochiana54 Wed 14-May-14 17:05:23

Mac sits on my face like a second skin.

If I could afford it, I would buy Mac brushes, eye shadow and blusher. Sadly my budget only stretches to foundation and concealer.

BerylStreep Wed 14-May-14 17:08:46

Trish McEvoy tinted moisturiser.

TickleMyTitsTillFriday Wed 14-May-14 18:11:12

Benefit Oxygen Wow

NeverEndingLaundry Wed 14-May-14 18:24:50

TheFillyjonk I love Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua too. Best colour match ever for my skin is the second palest one.

This is the only high end make up I own and I'm going to buy it again when it runs out.

amothersplaceisinthewrong Wed 14-May-14 18:26:36

No 7 Stay Perfect with No 7 Airbrush Away primer underneath it. I glow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now