Do you have a colleague/friend who has a certain style that also suits you? And what do you do?

(9 Posts)
cantaynollores Sat 10-May-14 15:03:35

I have been working with lovely colleague for 2 years now - she always looks very smart wearing long A-line skirts and fitted tops.

This is a style I also like and which also suits me. I don't do this look in winter but do in summer when long skirts hide pale chunky calves and are cooler than trousers!

I started working there in winter, so my initial work style was shorter winter skirts and trousers.

And then, I have worn the long skirt look when she is not in the office (she works part time) but now that summer is approaching, I feel like wearing it more often. But I also feel a bit awkward, like I am imitating her style.

Do you know what I mean? Has anyone else experienced this? Or am I just being silly?

guineapig1 Sat 10-May-14 15:08:42

In the nicest possible way you are overthinking this grin. Unless you are about to tell us that your clothes are absolutely identical to hers there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a similar style. It sounds quite similar to mine in fact! Long linen or cotton summer skirts and fitted tops are ideal for work in summer as they are smart but comfy.

DaffodilsandTruffles Sat 10-May-14 15:11:34

Yes, you are just being silly.

HTH

cantaynollores Sat 10-May-14 15:13:23

I do worry I am overthinking this! blush grinIt's just her style stands out from the rest of the people working there - think scruffy or/and jeans! I often fall into the jeans category in winter. But you are right it is a common style and so comfortable for summer.

DaffodilsandTruffles Sat 10-May-14 15:14:32

Yesterday almost 75% of the women in my office were wearing a Breton top, jeans and converse.

I didn't much of it beyond thinking how nice that everyone is moving into summery clothes. May be they are all now sitting at home agonising over stealing each other's style.

probably not

cantaynollores Sat 10-May-14 15:14:34

Yes it does daffodil!

great, I can wear the beautiful skirt I bought this morning to work!

Thanks, voices of reason grin

Trills Sat 10-May-14 15:17:22

Another voice of reason here - wear your skirts smile

Sicaq Sat 10-May-14 19:15:11

Wear what you like! I work with someone who not only has the same style (and haircut) as me, but even looks like she could be my sister. Doesn't bother us. Does annoy the odd staff member who gets us mixed up grin

dexter73 Sat 10-May-14 19:25:06

Link please to beautiful skirt!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now