Chapped lips

(16 Posts)
spottymoo Sat 10-May-14 09:17:25

I'm really suffering with chapped lips at the moment their not sore but don't look the nicest.

I've tried Carmex in the pass and it's never helped just left them greasy.

Dislike Vaseline as again just leaves a grease slick. I bought a palm butter stick but that seems to make them worse do any suggestions appreciated.

BillyBanter Sat 10-May-14 09:22:50

Blisteze or whatever it's called now for now and burts bees for maintenance.

Vaseline actually dries them out.

WildBill Sat 10-May-14 09:27:25

Nuxe honey lip balm in the little glass tub is excellent - doesn't seem to dry out lips like repeated use of other lip balms do. I repeat purchase this as it's so good.

WildBill Sat 10-May-14 09:31:52

Incidentally this can be a sign of vitamin defficiency, can't remember which but may be worth googling and checking you are getting enough of it.

HermioneWeasley Sat 10-May-14 09:32:22

Elizabeth Arden 8 hour stuff

BargainLil Sat 10-May-14 10:49:05

Neutrogena lip balm - it's the best I've ever used & stays put for ages. I've put it on before bed and you can still feel it on your lips the next morning!

yorkierocks123 Sat 10-May-14 14:00:20

kiehls one in a pot

Parliamo Sat 10-May-14 14:04:05

I second blistex, but only for a couple of days, then something like burts bees to stop it happening again.

Are you allergic to something? Apples (I assume the chemicals on the skin) are not good for me. With my dsis it's cherries.

Orangeanddemons Sat 10-May-14 14:11:48

After years of sore lips, I discovered I was allergic to nearly all lipstick.

Now I find I can wear some No 7 and some Bodyshop, but not all. All the rest kick it off big time, even Clinique who are one of the worst offendors

TobyLerone Sat 10-May-14 14:15:38

Lanolips Lemonaid.

NecklessMumster Sat 10-May-14 14:19:50

Blisteze is brilliant!

Lanolips great too. It has lanolin in it so is really moisturising. You only need a little bit and you can use it on your nails & cuticles and other dry patches too. There are a few different types but the 101 ointment is good - you can get it in Boots and some big supermarkets.

Ah, cross-posted with TobyLerone!

suze28 Sat 10-May-14 14:25:15

I swear by the Body Shop vitamin E lip balm. If they ever stopped selling it I would be bereft.

spottymoo Sat 10-May-14 16:12:48

Thank you for all your suggestions I managed to get some blistex in the super market and will follow that up with Burts bees when I nip into town.

I've copied the names of other suggestions in case these don't work for me.

breakingtradition Sat 10-May-14 17:44:49

My lips are permanently dry. I've tried every kind of lip balm imaginable, but they never seem to help. I wear lipstick every day, so I think I've only got myself to blame.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now