Budget shampoo and conditioner

(14 Posts)
cowbiscuits Fri 09-May-14 13:07:00

I'm poor.

Can anyone recommend some VERY CHEAP shampoo and conditioner, please?

I have long, very thick hair, tends to go a bit dry on the ends and a bit frizzy.

Thanks!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 09-May-14 13:09:27

Got a 99p shop near you, I get my L'oreal stuff from there?

Anonynony Fri 09-May-14 13:11:30

Oh I had this shampoo and conditioner I got in the pound shop but avoided using until last night because I thought it'd be rubbish! It's AMAZING!! It's Argan Oil stuff and in brown bottles with green lids. Keep an eye out, I'm so impressed!

NorbertDentressangle Fri 09-May-14 13:12:57

Inecto Pure Coconut (has the added bonus of being parabens free) - about £1.80 each for a large bottle from Savers.

I saw it recommended on here and bought some and it's been great. Smells lovely too.

Lidl's own brand is very good (I use the one for dry hair). It's about 79p I think.

codandchipstwice Fri 09-May-14 13:21:34

I am currently loving the Sainsbury's mahoosive coconut shampoo and conditioner - buy 2 for £2. Aldi pantene knock off good too, the nourishing conditioner is ace

I like Gliss in the pound shopsmile (thick frizzy hair here)

AnnaBegins Fri 09-May-14 18:48:19

That Xpel Argan Oil brown bottle one is indeed good... Also Aldi 65p coconut shampoo & conditioner, the pantene knock off is also fab but more like 75p.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Sat 10-May-14 07:42:00

the new Garnier ultimate blends range is good, especially the brown one.

Saurus72 Sat 10-May-14 08:42:34

Superdrug Coconut - it is brilliant, I think they are £1.99 each, but they are often on buy one get one half price deals. I buy 3 or 4 at a time, totally fab.

Saurus72 Sat 10-May-14 08:44:57

And plus, when you're in Superdrug you can check out the fab MUA make-up and get some lovely nail polish for £1 - I'm wearing coral right now wink

roadwalker Sat 10-May-14 08:48:01

I buy tresseme in B & M
It is not the least outlay but the bottles are so big it works out cheaper than the £ shop stuff, they are often tiny

Boltonlass1972 Sat 10-May-14 09:53:05

Some where like Savers or Home Bargains sell Henara Henna wax deep conditioner.. It's about 2 quid and is good to give your hair a deep condition

Oooh I love Henara Henna Wax grin I used to do the apply+ towel wrung out in the hottest water and wrap up (as they recommended back in the 1980s, what a faff).
Then discovered, use clingfilm and a towel to keep the heat and moisture in (they recommend not to use dry heat)

WRT shampoo/conditioner, I bought huge bottles of Sainsburys own brand apple shampoo and TeaTree (2-in1) for DH and Ds to use. Lasts ages and at the moment the 1 litre bottles are 2 for £2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now