Veins Wed 07-May-14 09:34:17

Okay measurements are as follows

35 under boobs
39 over boobs

What should I be wearing?

goodasitgets Wed 07-May-14 10:43:01

Try a 34D as a starting point, you may well need a DD

Veins Wed 07-May-14 15:54:15

I bought some 34DD's but they leave red marks on my back and I have the dreaded 'back fat'. So I'm getting something wrong.

goodasitgets Wed 07-May-14 16:08:18

Red marks are ok, I get them (it's like jeans or a waist band) How did the back and cup feel

Veins Wed 07-May-14 16:21:06

It just felt like it was cutting into me

OK, few questions:

What bra is it?

Can you try it on back to front - this isolates the cups so you can see how the band fits in isolation

Then, can you put it on properly and try scooping - the back fat needs to be scooped in to the cups.

Veins Wed 07-May-14 19:55:26

It's a Debenhams bra. Gorgeous range? Band fits fine in isolation but the minute I turn it round have back fat and scooping doesn't seem to put it all in. It's like muffin top in jeans at the back. I am a size 14 and not toned.

Ah, ok

First up - Debenhams gorgeous are notoriously small smile

Now, when you say it doesn't pull in when you scoop - are the cups already full? If so, you need a bigger cup rather than band - if there isn't enough space in the cup then scooping doesn't work as it all just slides back out!

Veins Sat 10-May-14 13:38:26

Yes, when I scoop my boobs fall out of the cups. Does that mean I'm an E cup?

OK, that's the problem. If you fall out after scooping, you need more cup space. The measurement is only ever a starting point. Try an E, and possible even an F. Scoop like crazy before you decide if it fits - many of my bras look a bit empty until I've scooped.

This is probably what's causing the back fat to be so bad - the cups don't have enough room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now