What to buy with New Look Voucher, had it for over a year?!

(24 Posts)
Jemster Sat 03-May-14 20:39:32

As title says, I was given a £25.00 New Look voucher for my bday over a year ago. I have been in so many times and just can't find anything I want to buy. I am 38 and just feel it's all too young for me. Having said that, I am in need of clothes as my pre-baby stuff doesn't fit me anymore.
I haven't much money for clothes so I could really do with using this voucher. Any ideas what to buy please?

WheresRyder Sat 03-May-14 20:40:48

I don't wear jeans but have read lots of good reviews about their denim. Or basics like black leggings plain tops. Some of the summer sandals are nice.

Type in "pollen" and see if you like the printed pencil skirt?

nutterbutsquash Sat 03-May-14 21:13:04

Shoes? Seem to have a wide selection. Or a summer hat or scarf?

EBearhug Sat 03-May-14 21:17:40

Funnily enough, last weekend I spent my New Look voucher that I'd had from the Christmas before last. I spent it on a pair of shoes. I'm not very keen on their clothes (am similar age to you), but they do have some good shoes (I'm not a shoe-aholic, but obviously I can't go barefoot all the time, either.)

specialsubject Sat 03-May-14 21:21:42

vest tops, t-shirts.

impressed anyone can walk in their shoes; every pair in my local branch has five inch heels.

TheFairyCaravan Sat 03-May-14 21:23:27

I've got this top. I'm 43 and think it looks nice!

I've just bought some coloured ballet flats at £7.99 a pair to wear through the Summer. Or what about a blazer?

eurochick Sat 03-May-14 21:24:41

Is it still valid? Vouchers usually have a 6 or 12 month expiry.

Keepcalmanddrinkwine Sat 03-May-14 21:26:57

Jeans, ballet pumps, canvas shoes, boyfriend cardis, vest tops, tees, the odd dress, they're all good.
smile

TheFairyCaravan Sat 03-May-14 21:28:01

Their knickers and bras are quite good if they stock your size too.

LadyRochford Sat 03-May-14 21:30:51

Shoes!

Doristhecamel Sat 03-May-14 21:34:04

If you can't find anything try their cami vest tops for wearing under stuff ir as a pj top. Some of their night clothes are nice. Thry have a good range of cardigans. plain colours round or v neck. Good staples.

Tights socks jewellery and bags/purses nay also be worth a look.

I f all else fails get a few gifts in for xmas like a dressing gown or some thing.

Crutchlow35 Sat 03-May-14 21:36:00

Most vouchers last a year.it might have expired. Sorry.

PeppermintInfusion Sat 03-May-14 21:51:57

Their shoes are good (particularly flats) and they have some decent cardis. A lot if it is quite young but saw some nice kimonos and blazers when I walked through recently. If the voucher has expired I would ask them if they can extend it, may as well

trixymalixy Sat 03-May-14 21:53:47

I rate their shoes. You can get really good value leather shoes in New Look.

littlegreengloworm Sat 03-May-14 21:53:51

Yes to shoes - they're great
I bought a white lace cardi recently and happy with it

ohms11 Sat 03-May-14 21:56:29

Today I bought black suede court shoes with a mid heel for £16!

EBearhug Sat 03-May-14 23:03:17

Mine was about 18 months old and still valid when I spent it last week.

Jemster Sun 04-May-14 06:12:46

Thanks for all the ideas. I hadn't thought it might have expired, will check that before I spend any more time looking.

hettie Sun 04-May-14 09:47:32

I really like their jeans,especially the 'straight' style (and I'm older than you grin

MooMinCow Sun 04-May-14 09:59:43

I got this crop tshirt in a few colours - it is neither cropped (below waist length) or a tshirt (is woven polyestertastic) but very versatile and comes in lots of colours

Jemster Sun 04-May-14 11:26:00

Good news, checked website and gift vouchers last for 24 months, still need to get on and use it!

JohnCusacksWife Sun 04-May-14 11:30:06

I'm 44 and I love New Look! Great for jeans, shoes, t shirts. If you can't spend your voucher I'll have it!! smile

DotToDott Sun 04-May-14 11:32:38

If you can't find amy clothes they have some great lightweight scarves in the one near me just now.

Their zip up hoodies are also good, come in nice coloura and easy to wear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now