Comfy but not too fugly shoes needed

(16 Posts)
LittleOldWineDrinker Sat 03-May-14 19:01:44

Please somebody help me. We're off to Disneyland Paris soon and I'm in desperate need for shoes that I can walk for miles in but that are too ugly. I tend to live in heels or cheap pumps - neither of which I think will withstand the walking and queuing. The only trainers I own are for running in. I've ruined too many days out with aching feet due to inappropriate footwear and really don't want that to happen this time. So any suggestions ladies?

MsAspreyDiamonds Sat 03-May-14 21:50:19
LittleOldWineDrinker Sat 03-May-14 22:52:47

Thanks for the link. I may have to bite the bullet - they do look comfortable. I've just done a quick search to see if they come in any other colours but I don't think they do?

livingatheendofthewall Sat 03-May-14 22:57:26

Fitflops are seriously comfy, I have a couple of pairs I live in in the summer...

www.fitflop.co.uk/womens/new-collection/?sz=130

LittleOldWineDrinker Sat 03-May-14 23:05:56

Oh I love the tan Ibiza ones! Can I justify the £££s though....

AndiPandi Sat 03-May-14 23:08:48

Sketchers Go Walk - not my style at all but I did it for Disney and had yo admit, seriously comfortable and didn't look too bad! I went for pale grey so not too garish

Fairylea Sat 03-May-14 23:10:01

Converse?
Vans?
Birkenstock?

I have Converse - they are comfy but not for being on my feet all day (no arch support)
I have a pair of Sketchers for work ( lace-up , I took the Memory Foam insole out because I didn't need them) They are lovely and comfortable but not waterproof and the sole is really slippery (like water on a vinyl floor or going from a rainy pavement to laminate flooring)

Youdontneedacriminallawyer Sat 03-May-14 23:15:23

There's not an awful lot if walking at EuroDisney. It's not very big. There is a lot of queuing though.

Ordinary trainers would be fine. I but insoles for a lit of my shoes to absorb the shock when walking. I find they make shoes a lot more comfortable.

ErrolTheDragon Sat 03-May-14 23:32:59

Given that you mention trainers, why don't you get some more trainer-type shoes - possibly more of a walking shoe (mainly grey or black suede look better with clothes than normal trainer) ...sports direct do loads of karrimor ones. I got some when we went to Rome a couple of years ago which entailed lots of walking and some queuing. OK so not exactly stylish but surely everyone needs one practical comfortable pair of shoes?

Fitflops or those nice little pumps are all very well if the weather is good, but if you get caught outside in the rain your feet will be a lot happier in a more substantial waterproof shoe.

WaxyDaisy Sat 03-May-14 23:41:44

How about a sort of halfway between a walking shoe and pump? Like these?

I guess it all depends on what you view as fugly...

zipzap Sun 04-May-14 00:00:13

Depends which hotel you're in at eurodisney as to how much walking you do!

First time we were at the Santa Fe so caught the shuttle in, not too bad.
Second time - Sequoia Lodge - hotel room was right at the furthest point and it was as quick to walk in as it was to catch the shuttle. We got the shuttle once and walked all other times, sometimes going back to the hotel and then back again, so we did loads of walking and not having a comfy pair of shoes would have made a huge difference!

I had some Merrell mary jane type sports shoes - really comfy but I bought a second pair so I could alternate them and they were never as comfy as the first pair. If you hit good - they're great. But if not - invest in some good blister plasters!

BillyBanter Sun 04-May-14 00:08:52

If you like pumps it shouldn't be too difficult to find something that is comfortable that you don't think fugly. One problem with a lot of pumps is the soles are paper thin but there are ones out there with better soles.

Maybe try these

www.crocs.co.uk/crocs-adrina-flat/11238,en_GB,pd.html?cid=25M&cgid=women-footwear-flats

If you want something a bit more glamorous but still comfy how about

www.crocs.co.uk/crocs-womens-huarache-sandal-wedge/15392,en_GB,pd.html?cid=060&cgid=women-footwear-heelsWedges

Super-squishy soles for cushioning your soles.

Hopefully Sun 04-May-14 08:19:27

How about a pair of trainers like new balance? Or if you get warm, my MIL had some Merrell walking sandals recently (I appreciate how awful that sounds) that really weren't too hideous. I think they were these ones but there are lots of pairs on the site.

chosenone Sun 04-May-14 08:29:46

www.skechers.co.uk/women/brands/bobs#

I have some of the 'tom' style of these and with the cushioned arch support they're amazing. I have wide feet and bunions so really struggle but these are great. I had to go down a size though.
Otherwise fitflops are uber comfy.

LittleOldWineDrinker Sun 04-May-14 08:59:23

Thank so much everyone for taking the time to respond. You've certainly opened me up to some possibilities. I will head into town today with an open mind and thinking comfort over prettiness!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now