Nails Inc - where am I going wrong???

(22 Posts)
OhTheDrama Sat 03-May-14 10:44:04

I have a few of these nail polishes and I just cannot seem to get them to work! I don't do anything different (cnd stickey base coat and seche vitte top coat) and either it goes on looking a real patchy mess, or it chips straight away! They aren't cheap and I am getting really pissed off.

Anybody else have issues with this brand or is there a glaringly obvious trick I'm missing?

lucidlady Sat 03-May-14 10:49:11

How long do you leave between coats?

RonaldMcDonald Sat 03-May-14 10:52:22

I think they are rubbish. Gave up an age ago

OhTheDrama Sat 03-May-14 11:01:36

20 - 30 mins same as with all other polishes. It's completely dry.

lucidlady Sat 03-May-14 11:55:39

Sometimes if you put too many coats on it can make everything flake and chip more easily. Try fewer coats nect time?

Skinheadmermaid Sat 03-May-14 12:16:06

I own about 50 nail varnishes of all makes and nails inc are absolute crapoodle.
I would never ever buy them again.
I really rate barry m, rimmel and mua. All the more. expensive ones i've had chip and flake and go lumpy. Biggest rip off.

I've never tried Nails Inc (I find the shape of the bottles a pain, I would struggle with the lid)

I do know that the Victoria (dark purple) is a different formulation and needs to be applied differently (IIRC it's more a gel and needs thicker layer s and more drying time)

I love OPI but because I have freakily narrow nails, I don't like the Pro-Wide brush, the mini bottles are better for me

OhTheDrama Sat 03-May-14 13:14:48

I own every make under the sun and some don't work but the nails inc are worse than anything else, not just one bottle, every bottle! I'm careful how I store my polish, in a box in a dark cupboard. I only ever apply two thin coats of any polish + base and top coat.

I think I'll chalk it up to experience and donate them to the DC's, such a shame as the colours are beautiful.

Saurus72 Sat 03-May-14 13:18:09

I don't rate Nails Inc either. I had a couple of bottles that I got free with magazines and I couldn't even be bothered to use them. I really like Essie and OPI, and also Barry M and MUA. MUA is only £1, so a really good way to try out quirkier colours.

OhTheDrama Sat 03-May-14 13:21:11

I was just looking at the new colours that have been released to the MUA range. I love the teal and peach, for £1 each I may as well give it a go, nothing can be as bad as these Nails Inc ones!

MyrtleDove Sat 03-May-14 13:51:45

M&S nail polish is also good and all their own-brand cosmetics are not tested on animals.

Madrigals Sat 03-May-14 14:23:48

I like Essie too

Sparklegeek Sat 03-May-14 14:37:34

Last week I bought some Maybelline 7 day stuff, supposed to be like gel. It's fab! I did 2 coats plus topcoat, then have done additional topcoat every other day. We are now a week down the line & not a single chip! (And I count a lot of money at work).

Am so pleased. I got a taupe-pink colour & am going back for others. I hope the darker colours are as chip-resistant.

RubyReins Sat 03-May-14 16:38:53

Mavala nail polishes are brilliant. Very small bottles so less likely to go gunky, great range of colours and great price point. I cannot get on board with Nails Inc either. Jessica, Essie, Barry M, YSL and Revlon are my favourites. I adore Rouge Noir but the Chanel formulations are tricky to use.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 03-May-14 16:48:19

2 coats straight after each other followed by no 7 to coat which sets it like rock in seconds.

OhTheDrama Sat 03-May-14 17:09:35

Sparkle I have that maybelline one in Rose Poudre and it's lovely, always get complimented on it.

Dame I always thought you had to wait for each coat to dry properly otherwise you got air bubbles. Is that not the case?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 03-May-14 17:28:37

No waiting between coats at all.

polyhymnia Sat 03-May-14 17:42:31

Another here who doesn't rate them - except their marketing! Much prefer Essie which is easy to apply as well as coming in lovely colours..

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 03-May-14 18:22:51

Ime you can't go wrong with Sally Hansen or Rimmel.

BumWad Sat 03-May-14 18:24:29

Nails inc are the worst nail polish ever. Great colours but exceptionally poor quality.

OPI, Essie, Jessica are great

plentyofshoes Sat 03-May-14 19:25:00

I agree they are pants. Invest in Jessica the shades are fantastic. I have been using one bottle for 3 years now and it is going strong still.

OhTheDrama Sun 04-May-14 16:00:16

Tk maxx had literally loads of Nails Inc sets and single bottles in today, I couldn't get over how much they had as usually anything like that would be long gone.

I treat myself to 2 MUA polishes for a £1 each and have ordered some OPI's from fragrance direct for £3.99. Will see how these go, hopefully they have some staying power! Have heard good things about OPI.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now