Ugg slippers - are they worth it?

(25 Posts)
Dancergirl Fri 02-May-14 15:09:33

I wear slippers a lot at home and have to replace them often. At the moment I have a pair from the White Company which are nice and comfy but getting holey so need a new pair.

Is it worth investing in a more expensive pair, e.g. Ugg? Do they last a long time?

ilovemonstersInc Fri 02-May-14 15:13:01

My mum absolutely loves them and has bought my dad a pair in the guys version and he loves them too. Mum has had heres around a year and dad around 9months. If you get a dark colour they should last pretty long.
I will try and get you a link so you can see which ones my mum has.

jenniuol Fri 02-May-14 15:14:43

Yes! I think it's absolutely worth it. They have a proper sole too so great for nipping out to the bin etc. when I'm at home mine only really come off to go to bed grin i do have raynauds though so generally have very cold feet especially in winter. I bought a new pair last year, my previous pair lasted 5 years of daily wear before I fancied a different colour. Worth every penny's think.

ilovemonstersInc Fri 02-May-14 15:15:10
ilovemonstersInc Fri 02-May-14 15:16:58

old ones
when dm had money she bought these and they are still being used today around 5 years later confused and blush

If you were tempted to buy British instead there are some comfy slippers here

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Fri 02-May-14 15:19:30

My mum's Ugg slippers finally wore through the toe a few months ago. She wears slippers a lot. She'd had them for TEN YEARS. In the last couple of months, she's worn through two pairs of cheaper slippers (M&S, Sainsburys).

ChablisLover Fri 02-May-14 15:25:12

Dh got me some for Christmas and I love them.

Have proper sole and are snuggly.

They are the first thing I put on when I get home from work

piscivorous Fri 02-May-14 15:29:09

I got some for Xmas (surprise present) and was a bit unsure at first but I love them

FIFIBEBE Fri 02-May-14 15:29:54

My son has them and I do covet a pair, best thing is they don't smell, his previous synthetic versions stank.

buttercrumble Fri 02-May-14 15:55:14

Sorry I'm going against the grain on this one, dh bought me some the other Xmas and no I don't think they are worth the money

snugglesnook Fri 02-May-14 15:55:57

Yes, they are great. Cashback on Quidco as well.

michellestub1965 Fri 02-May-14 16:13:10

I love mine, much cheaper in the US as they have the Ugg outlet stores sorry I can't remember how much I paid

TulipOHare Fri 02-May-14 16:20:08

I would buy Celtic rather than Ugg.

I have a pair of houseboots from Kiwi Sheepskins (have outdoor boots from them too). Great quality. Worth a look before you splash out on the Ugg name.

Dancergirl Fri 02-May-14 16:39:50

Love the second pair you linked monsters!

ilovemonstersInc Fri 02-May-14 16:45:57

They are really comfy just a little snug in sizing so recommend 1 size bigger might just be me though at least 5people wore them here

CointreauVersial Fri 02-May-14 22:29:48

Try Sheepland. I have some gorgeous sheepskin boot slippers from there (I actually bought Seconds, and they were less than £50).

They don't have hard soles, but tbh "nipping out to the bins" is over-rated. I prefer "curling up on the sofa".wink

mummaduke Fri 02-May-14 22:42:00

Love mine. One year old and almost as good as new with daily wear/nipping out to bins!

babybarrister Fri 02-May-14 22:48:57

Yes - brill as they have hard soles so they last

RonaldMcDonald Sat 03-May-14 01:16:49

Completely

Tiggywinklespinny Sat 03-May-14 07:26:32

So worth it..I bought a pair of just sheepskin as a gift and they didn't last a month. Bought UGGs and 2 yrs on they're still looking good

Nerf Sat 03-May-14 07:28:29

Yes, but I am a total ugg fan. Just had ugg flip flops for my birthday !

Dancergirl Sat 03-May-14 10:40:52

Right sold!

I am also an Ugg fan. I tried on a pair of Ugg earmuffs a few years ago and they felt so lovely I had to buy them!

No they are rubbish dh bought a pair for me I have only had them 3 weeks and the fur inside has worn awY so there are bald patches really not impressed worst 70 quid I have ever spent

Eastpoint Sat 03-May-14 11:03:49

I ordered the Celtic ones first but I thought the soles were too thin. From time to time shops like John Lewis & House of Fraser do 25% off weekends, I bought mine during one of those events.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now