Dark circles under eyes :(

(12 Posts)
Karbea Fri 02-May-14 11:19:44

I don't sleep well and I'm 40, the weak part of my face is definitely the darkness under my eyes.

Can anyone recommend an eye cream, and a concealer that really work.

I'm fed up of looking so dark under my eyes sad

breakingtradition Fri 02-May-14 11:46:15

I used to use burts bees eye cream and was quite happy with it. You can't really beat YSL touche eclat for concealer in my opinion. Also, you might want to try facial massage. It helps with drainage, which could maybe help with your dark circles. If you put the tips of your fingers on the top of your cheek bones, push quite firmly and hold for 30 seconds or so, that helps with drainage in that area.

Karbea - almost word for word, we are the same. I am using Loreal Touché Magique (YSL one doesn't look good on me as it's quite pink. Which is a shame and a waste, as I have one, just sitting there). And I have also started using Olay CC cream in fair to medium. Ideally it would be a bit lighter for my skin, but using both the CC cream and the concealer, I look less cream crackered. I also always wear lipstick and nude eyeshadow.

Thanks breaking, I will try the drainage tip, too. I'm also trying to drink more water.

WowOoo Fri 02-May-14 12:14:18

Stand next to someone like me who probably has worse dark circles. Might make you feel better.

I'm taking note of these tips!

making sure i drink plenty of water really helps mine

I did wonder if dehydration was partly to blame (as well as my poor sleeping).

Rebeca35 Fri 02-May-14 12:27:56

I agree with WillieWaggledagger water is to blame. But I think partly genetics , my mother and I have the same problem.

oh yes mine are definitely inherited and i'll never completely get rid of them, but if i'm not drinking enough water then it's much worse

LilacBreastedRoller Fri 02-May-14 12:38:01

Bobbi Brown Corrector works wonders for me - it seems to neutralise the darkness rather than just covering. You do need to be careful to get the right colour, so it's best to ask for help at a counter.

Mitchell2 Fri 02-May-14 15:44:53

Laura mercier secret camouflage is a god send for me and my dark circles.

Karbea Fri 02-May-14 17:02:47

Neither my mum or dad have them, although my little bro does :/

I think dehydration could be part of it, I never drink enough water :/

I think I have some laura mercier secret camouflage hidden somewhere :/

belinda I have a Clinique one and it looks ok to star with (although doesn't really cover the darkness), but after a way it really cakes and shows up wrinkles I never knew I had, so I start the day with black eyes and end the day with wrinkly black eyes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now