Sour Crepes

(1000 Posts)
QueenQueenie Thu 24-Apr-14 22:42:20

Well someone had to do it....

Cremolafoam Fri 25-Apr-14 12:45:07

Afternoon sourpusses. Just bookmarking.
Wilbur viral ad sounds interesting and a bit of fun. Do you have a clap board stylee property? I am thinking of Martha Stewart grin

< wonders about renting out dds room next year for crepey trips to Wilbur's lodge>

hattymattie Fri 25-Apr-14 12:50:46

Wilbur your going to have to put of photos of your house. Word - loved the texts.

hattymattie Fri 25-Apr-14 12:51:32

ahhhhhh - "you're" not your!

bigTillyMint Fri 25-Apr-14 13:12:01

Sympathise with all those who have DD's who need lots of sleep. DD has always needed more than DS and is waaaaay grumpier with not enough sleep. However, she is now unable to get to sleep at a reasonable hour and finds it very difficult to get up for school (and coaching on Saturdays!) and sleeps till lunchtime on Sunday's and in the holidays.

I have no trouble falling asleep (very early!), but am often woken in the night/very early by the radiator DH and his heavy breathing. I also like to be on my own for at least half an hour first thing in the morning!

motherinferior Fri 25-Apr-14 13:22:09

DD1 is particularly awful if underslept.

beachyhead Fri 25-Apr-14 15:25:02

I feel like I've been doing IT all day. Phone crashed and needed to be restored, lots of updates seem to co-incide and we can't get some videos off a memory card, which is driving ds nuts!
dd1 is having a free makeover at the moment. Our local town is doing a fashion show tomorrow and she has been asked by my hairdresser to model for her, so hair and make up done for free today and clothes by Jigsaw tomorrow, apparently. Five catwalk shows up and down the high street (pedestrianised grin) tomorrow..... she's desperate for no-one she knows to come or walk past, but she wanted the free dip dye!

Have fun tonight - like Rudy, my dh is in town tonight. I won't ask him to drop in!

bigTillyMint Fri 25-Apr-14 15:31:41

Ooh, how lovely for her! Is it a semi-permanent dip-dye? DD would like that!

CointreauVersial Fri 25-Apr-14 17:57:04

Re: sleepers - it's DD1 who needs her sleep in this house. When the other two are tired, they just go all drowsy/yawny but DD1 turns into a cantankerous cow. For years she had the same bedtime as DD2.

It used to make me laugh when she was a toddler - she'd announce "I'm going for a sleep" and march upstairs to her cot. At that time, most of my friends were having daily battles with overtired nap-refusers.

Have fun this evening, crepeys. smile And have a good weekend. Ours is mercifully free of commitments.

RudyMentary Fri 25-Apr-14 18:17:58

Cheers Crepeys smile

Just poured myself a G&T and toasted the crepey meet up I'm settled down nicely in front of the wood burner.

hattymattie Fri 25-Apr-14 18:40:26

ooh Rudy that seems lovely and cosy, wish I had a wood burner. I have had a glass and a half of rose and am awaiting DH I can move to red. Going to snuggle up with a box set of The Good Wife tonight.

beachyhead Fri 25-Apr-14 18:48:27

Ooh that does sound nice Rudy. The dip dye is ok but not really dramatic enough for her. She went down to Jigsaw and they've put her in 'a really frumpy dress, like you would wear mum' so she's really annoyed with them! And put her in flats, as she couldn't walk in the shoes they gave her...grin

hattymattie Fri 25-Apr-14 19:05:52

Beachy - this happened to DD2 - she had her hair and make up done beautifully but they gave her a dress she hated and I had to agree with her.

beachyhead Fri 25-Apr-14 19:59:00

OK, I've now pressed further and just to show you how deluded the yoof are, this is the dress. It's gorgeous, and it shows at 16, you don't have a clue.....

I'm looking forward to seeing it now. I have told her to shave her legs though!

herbaceous Fri 25-Apr-14 21:24:56

What a bizarre Friday night. Sitting in front of computer, trying to swot for my PGCE interview, and feeling daunted. Dinner has been bowl of pear and ginger crumble. I have no wine. The cat is driving me mental by jumping on the desk, over the (tottering) intray, on to the printer, then on to my lap, where he kneads and twirls and fiddles, until I throw him across the room, whereupon he starts the whole rigmarole again.

Hope the available crepeys are having a lovely time. I'm not at all jealous. Oh no.

CointreauVersial Fri 25-Apr-14 21:36:39

Bloody hell, Beachy, that dress is far from frumpy.

I'm well used to my DDs making gagging noises if I buy clothing they don't like. The most recent being my Warehouse kimono cardigan.

As an aside, isn't Gogglebox hilarious? grin grin

RudyMentary Fri 25-Apr-14 21:45:32

DD will look lovely beachy.

I never understand 'we have no wine'
We always have wine

I'm glad we have an enclosed woodburner. The dog is sprawled out in front of it and farting so much that an open fire may result in a fireball! grin
shock

herbaceous Fri 25-Apr-14 21:48:33

Having no wine was a deliberate post-Easter drying out move, but I am now of course regretting it. I'd have a gin and tonic, but we have no gin. Or, indeed, tonic.

Is gogglebox on now? I'll go and sprawl in front of the telly and marvel at the silent emo boyfriend who creeps me out.

wilbur Fri 25-Apr-14 22:23:23

Beachy, that dress is awesome and I bet your dd looked a complete knockout in it.

Wordassoc - I love the texts, I haven't seen those ones before but I have a book of them which always makes me snort. Ds1 loves them too as it shows how sad and useless parents are.

We also have no wine, but have compensated by dh inventing a new cocktail called the Slow & Bitter. Gin, Sloe Gin, bitter lemon, lemon bitters, lemon juice. It's bloody marvellous.

Hope the meet up crepeys are having fun - I'm off to bed now.

CointreauVersial Fri 25-Apr-14 22:27:49

Oh, we have wine. Lots of it. All in good spirits here - no wood burner, pear crumble, or farting dog, but the house is tidy, the weekend is here, the wine is flowing, and there is no football to get up early for tomorrow. Happy days.

herbaceous Fri 25-Apr-14 22:41:01

Watching goggle box on +1, and inert emo hair boyfriend hasn't displayed a flicker of animation, even during film of bunny death and a giant scrotum. Is he stuffed?

bigTillyMint Fri 25-Apr-14 22:45:29

On the bus home, hic. Had a lovely evening with great companysmile

Don't understand the concept of no wine either!

QueenQueenie Fri 25-Apr-14 22:53:47

NO WINE?!
Lovely evening out in excellent crepey company... those who couldn't make it were sorely missed.
Thanks for organising us BTM, thanks for giving us a good excuse for a get together BD.
Good weekends to everyone.

herbaceous Fri 25-Apr-14 23:25:20

I have learned my lesson. Never again shall the house be wine-free on a Friday night. It is not Proper.

QueenQueenie Fri 25-Apr-14 23:27:19

We were talking about that silent emo boy this evening Herbs, "the one with the thatched hair"!

Blackduck Sat 26-Apr-14 07:47:35

Yes BTM many thanks for arranging - you are a star!

Auriga the first if many beef wellingtons ;)

Windy nice to meet you - longer next time?

Packing for the trek home.

This thread is not accepting new messages.