MARC BY MARC JACOBS BAG FANS UNITE

(7 Posts)
Robfordscrack Thu 24-Apr-14 00:18:33

Hi all

I wondered if anyone had the following Marc by Marc Jacobs and could tell me the advantages and disadvantages of the different bags. I think they are both fab and I have the opportunity to buy them on sale which makes them cheaper than they are in these links. I would buy the bag in black:

Here are the ones I am considering:
THE NATASHA (CROSS BODY)
www.liberty.co.uk/fcp/product/Liberty/Black-Classic-Q-Natasha-Bag/96505

THE 'TOO HOT TO HANDLE' HOBO
www.selfridges.com/en/Womenswear/Categories/BESTSELLERS/Accessories/Too-Hot-to-Handle-leather-hobo_149-3000609-M3113044/

PeachandBlack Thu 24-Apr-14 08:49:11

I have a Natasha (years old and a bit battered now). It's like a Tardis, everything goes in it. The best thing about it is a practical thing rather than a stylish one, the front flap is a separate zipped compartment. I keep my purse in there so it's completely secure and I never have to worry in crowds!

Annianni Thu 24-Apr-14 09:56:46

I ebayed a nylon Natasha after using it twice as the strap wasn't long enough when I wore it cross body.
The strap had metal rivet hole things, so I couldn't add any more holes iykwim.

I think the leather ones are the same, so I'd try one in a shop if I could before buying a leather one.

They are lovely bags though.

PeppermintInfusion Thu 24-Apr-14 09:58:03

I have a black "lil ukita" (think that's what it's called anyway). Absolutely love MJ bags, so versatile how they can be dressed up down- saves me switching bags all the time and they can be worn crossbody while still stylish.

blueberry2310 Thu 24-Apr-14 11:23:30

I have a black too hot to handle hobo. I really like it. It can look smart if you use the handle over the shoulder and then more casual with the cross body strap. It's also really soft leather and has plainish lining - unlike some of his bags. This may not bother you but put me off some of them.

melodycool Thu 24-Apr-14 17:18:18

Hi, I have the Natasha Metal to the Petal and love it.
The pro's: lovely soft leather, strong magnetic closures, zipped sections, roomy yet not huge, convenient.
The con's: the front flap is not secured, so just covers the opening, the lining is a bit garish but doesn't bother me too much. Oh, and the magnets always de-sensitize train tickets so they don't work when I'm on the underground!
Overall it's a great bag!

SocialMediaAddict Thu 24-Apr-14 21:52:33

I have the Natasha in the normal size and little. Love them both.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now