What shops do you recommend on a budget?

(13 Posts)
Romy75 Wed 23-Apr-14 23:45:51

I would like to wear key pieces that can be worn in various ways. I have thrown out a lot of clothes that are dated/worn/unflattering. I am left with several pairs of trousers and jeans, a few skirts, lots of tops and dresses.

I shop in New Look and H & M and am beyond bored.

I have a small budget so Warehouse/Oasis is a no no does not stop me from looking online though

dizhin79 Thu 24-Apr-14 02:15:41

I would have a hunt about in the sales, check out any next sales so that you're. getting slightly better quality but still v cheap. sign up to newsletters so you get emailed about them.

also have a look in the supermarkets, sainsbury's do reasonable jeggings/jeans for about £12-15

goodasitgets Thu 24-Apr-14 03:18:25

Depends what size you are - I'm only good with cheap plus size stuff really!!
Excite clothing is ok, I've had some nice tops from there
Pink clove (but that's plus size)
Tesco/asda/sainsburys
Some of m&s is good for basics and not too pricey (check out sale stuff)
eBay and amazon sometimes
Everything five pounds website is worth a look
I'm sure more will come to me!

nipersvest Thu 24-Apr-14 09:56:36

tk maxx, price wise it's great, particularly the clearance rails. clothes wise it's an eclectic mix so caters for a wide range of tastes. is great for dresses and knitwear.

CurlsLDN Thu 24-Apr-14 10:10:15

Boohoo.com! There's a lot of teenagery gross stuff on there, but in amongst it gorgeous jumpers and cardigans, for instance.

goodasitgets Thu 24-Apr-14 11:07:47

I forgot Matalan smile

Stinklebell Thu 24-Apr-14 12:07:34

Not too sure what you're looking for, but,

I picked up some nice t-shirts in Matalan a few weeks ago - they're fairly thick, a nice length and have so far washed ok and they were £4 each. I've got a blue and white striped one on today but they also had spotty, print, etc. There were some long sleeved ones in there as well

I'm going on holiday in a couple of weeks and wanted some cheapish summery bits and there were some pretty tops in there, flipflop type stuff

I also bought a pair of printed tapered leg trousers which were £14 I think, I was going to wear them with a fitted white top and flipflops

I was also in Primark the other day and saw some pretty blouses. I didn't look that closely at them as I was with my daughter and my brain was rather fried, but there were some pretty cream ones with black ribbons, mind you I could feel the static electricity from about 10 paces grin

Romy75 Thu 24-Apr-14 12:09:35

I am a size 12 with an athletic shape.

Romy75 Thu 24-Apr-14 12:13:35

Primark had some nice blouses the last time I wandered in there.

Thanks for your suggestions.

I may go into town today.

TheJumped Thu 24-Apr-14 12:35:25

Primark, Matalan and Peacocks. And def the supermarkets too - Tesco great for skinnies, Primark for jeans and tees, Peacocks for sweatshirts and the supermarkets often do good work dresses and other basics cheaply like leggings. Tesco do fab summer shorts actually, just remembered.

Also don't discount Oasis and Warehouse - when they have sales or even little sales rails, they can be as cheap as the others. Online Great Plains has excellent sales, and Shoeaholics and Branch309 for footwear.

And Ebay and chazza shops of course! Worth a trek round a few chazzas in a naice town ime - I got some Acne denim shorts for £4 last week and usually bag a bargain or two every month.

Nocomet Thu 24-Apr-14 12:47:17

Sainsbury's is better quality than New Look (who are in my bad books for picked fibre TShits that pill. DDs new ones after 3 washes angry)

Nocomet Thu 24-Apr-14 12:47:55

Pickled ??? Mixed

Preciousbane Thu 24-Apr-14 12:54:21

Go in to charity shops, I'm sat wearing a plain Boden jumper that cost me a quid. I also agree about trying supermarkets but it is worth going to a designer retail outlet. I bought an Lk Bennett dress three years ago for 30, wore it a couple of times and sold via a dress agency for 30 so made 15 back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now