Facial redness - is there a cure?

(6 Posts)
3boys1cat Wed 23-Apr-14 19:11:28

Over the past few years (I am 51), I have been increasingly conscious of redness on my cheeks. I now almost never go out without some kind of foundation on, and my complexion used to be brilliant. sad

Has anyone found a skin treatment that helps facial redness? I have tried loads of different creams, but nothing seems to make any difference. Or do I just have to resign myself to covering it up all the time?

Mrpicklesesquire Wed 23-Apr-14 20:10:29

weird this is the 2nd thread about this ive posted on today!

I have suffered for years too, now 34 I asked on here a few months ago and someone mentioned clinique anti redness stuff. Id never heard of it and didnt use clinique but off I went and the lady applied an anti redness foundation.... I didnt expect anything but oh my god!!

Have a search on the internet at pictures, its fab what it does. Ive used it for a month now and put it on with the real techniques make up brush and I do actually look half decent. Since then ive splashed out on the anti redness daily relief moisturiser and that too is brilliant. It calms your skin down, cools it and has magic in it that in just a few weeks has already reduced the level of red I go - can be from anything embarrasment, spicy food, alcohol especially.

I swear I dont work for clinique but just have a look and see if it may be worth having a go, the only other way I used to hide it was by having a tan, used to wind me up that other people can drink what they wanted while i looked at a bottle of wine and turned colour of beetroot!

CFSKate Wed 23-Apr-14 21:33:54
Toothytwo Wed 23-Apr-14 21:58:13

I saw the same article as Kate, interesting but don't fancy my chances of persuading my GP to prescribe.

3boys1cat Thu 24-Apr-14 19:37:31

Thanks for the replies. I don't think I can face asking my GP about it. May check out the Clinique stuff. Might also try putting less make up on. When I think about the number of things I put on my skin in the morning, it's ridiculous! (Cleansing wipe, colour correcting mosturiser, primer, foundation, blusher)

MadBusLady Thu 24-Apr-14 22:37:17

There is a depressingly long list of usually very nice things that can trigger rosacea/couperose, sunshine, red wine, hot food etc. I saw a massive improvement when I gave up caffeine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now