Is this right I had my colours done at HoC

(4 Posts)
shinybaubles Wed 23-Apr-14 15:46:09

and I am a sultry winter. I have dark brown hair, and eyes, and can range from a pale oliveish colour, to quite tanned. Similar to Kim Kardashian, Teri Hatcher, Salma Hayek in terms of colouring. Does that sound right, also does this mean I need to stay away from all of my bronzey, neutral make up? How does this apply to nails?

Hopefully Wed 23-Apr-14 19:01:43

Sounds perfectly feasible smile. Were you comfortable that the analysis was right?

And yes, bronzey colours probably won't be your finest as a Winter, but you don't need to go for something unnatural looking if you don't want to.

shinybaubles Wed 23-Apr-14 19:41:46

Hi Hopefully , thanks for replying, I had thought that what you might consider autumnal colours would suit me so like browns, beiges, terracota, etc, so was a bit shocked. The colours she draped me in did look really good it just feels like such a departure from me. I think the change it make up will be the biggest hurdle.

pinkflaming0 Wed 23-Apr-14 20:01:49

I have the same colouring as you but with murky green eyes. I was diagnosed as a winter years ago and was never entirely comfortable with it. But, I was re-done a couple of months ago and told I was a burnished winter which means the deeper and more muted colours are my best and I can SO see it now. I didn't have the swatches before but carry them everywhere with me now.

I especially love HoC's burgundy lipstick which is a deep pinky plum shade. Had gelish nails done today (fingers and toes) in a similar colour and am loving them.

Pop over to the HoC winters thread for ideas and inspiration and to ask questions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now