Help me with "home" shoes for my disabled dd age 11

(9 Posts)
charlieandlola Tue 22-Apr-14 22:21:33

My dd has lived her life in trainers and crocs since she came out of Piedro boots - she has poor muscle tone and flat feet!

She is adult size 4 and she needs shoes to wear at home for everyday wear. She doesn't get invited to parties etc and can only wear ballet flats for a short time as she can't grip to hold them on.

So, ideas please for some vaguely acceptable shoes for her - budget is flexible - was thinking Nike Air Max. Converse/Vans /generic canvas shoes aren't supportive enough and she doesn't tolerate insoles.

Also can't take her instore to try things on, as the strip lighting is too strong for her, so it is buying in bulk online and trying on at home.

FrankCarsonsDressingRoom Wed 23-Apr-14 08:29:08

Kickers! Docs? Or would they be too heavy?

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Wed 23-Apr-14 08:34:51

Ecco biom train, the insole is "outside", very supportive but expensive, quite a narrow fit though. free delivery/return if ordered on line.

Stuffofawesome Wed 23-Apr-14 08:37:25

not sure about shoes but we are trying greeper laces with ds as bow can't get velcro shoes in his size as dont need to tie them

Bunbaker Wed 23-Apr-14 08:37:35

Would Sketchers be supportive enough?

vjg13 Wed 23-Apr-14 10:13:21

What about this kind of thing boots?

Also got my daughter some ballerina type flats from Next in the clearance section.

vjg13 Wed 23-Apr-14 10:14:31

Sorry, first link was to black, flat ankle boots also from Next!

Chocolateteabag Wed 23-Apr-14 16:43:45

How about these in pink or red from Hotter? I know they are for the "older" end of the market but might work from the supportive angle?

MsAspreyDiamonds Wed 23-Apr-14 18:48:52

Geox are good for kids needing additional support.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now