argh I lost a thread with a lippy rec I want. help recommend it again?

(22 Posts)
eggybrokenoff Tue 22-Apr-14 15:32:49

someone was singing praises of quite a cheap crayon type lip colour. I have no luck with lips cos I have yellower teeth than ideal (not stained, natural colour) and cant wear lipstick. so I go for gloss which is gone before I leave the house. This sounded like a nice neutral easy to apply and wear big crayon with some staying power. any ideas? think they bought it in boots or similar ratger than a counter

Gillybobs Tue 22-Apr-14 15:39:12

Could it be this? I have it and staying power is excellent
www.revlon.com/Revlon-Home/Products/Lips/Lipcolor/Revlon-ColorBurst-Matte-Balm.aspx

eggybrokenoff Tue 22-Apr-14 20:42:28

hmm dont think so. but looks good though thank you! it was a particular nude shade rec

Standingonlego Tue 22-Apr-14 20:46:09
eggybrokenoff Tue 22-Apr-14 20:55:08

no waay cheaper than that

isshoes Tue 22-Apr-14 20:57:54

I really recommend the Boots no 7 ones.

isshoes Tue 22-Apr-14 20:59:47

I have delicate pink and statement.

AnnabelleDarling Tue 22-Apr-14 21:00:37

The Revlon just bitten balm in Honey is a lovely neutral. Don't get the Rimmel, it has a really drying texture.

TheJumped Tue 22-Apr-14 21:15:22

Try Revlon lip butter in pink truffle - universally flattering IMO. Lippy for people who don't do lippy.

Nellvarnish Tue 22-Apr-14 21:25:11

Was it MUA Power Pout? These are cheap as chips and really lovely.

DaftSkunk Tue 22-Apr-14 21:51:26

Boots 17 superstar?

Deathraystare Wed 23-Apr-14 12:50:28

The Rimmel one I mentioned a while ago and was a dupe for a mac lipstick. Might not be good for you might make your teeth yellow. It was called something like Use your Illusion. Had illusion in the name anyway. But they have other colurs too.Hard to read the names on them so look them up.

Deathraystare Wed 23-Apr-14 12:53:56

Rimmel Colour Rush - I have it in 100 Give me a cuddle A light pink
220 Rumour has it Deep pinky red and 700 Not an illusion a browny nude. Hope that helps!

Deathraystare Wed 23-Apr-14 12:57:43
WhoKnowsWhereTheChocolateGoes Wed 23-Apr-14 13:02:33

I agree about the Revlon pink truffle being a great sheer colour but it has no staying power at all.

Walnut8 Wed 23-Apr-14 13:05:24

The Revlon one that Gillybobs linked to is great. There are a few neutral colours - one called Elusive I think is really nice here

eggybrokenoff Thu 24-Apr-14 07:07:29

these look great. i really struggle with lippy. I tend to get confused and try colours that I think look nice in the stick cos I have no idea what suits me. I have pink tones skin but very cream/yellow teeth. I naturally lean towards neutral browny colours but wonder if that is wrong and why it always looks dreadful

Deathraystare Thu 24-Apr-14 07:18:04

Don't go for anything brown coloured then, no matter how natural. Go for soething with some blue in it. So a cooler colured pink for instance.

PotatoPolly Thu 24-Apr-14 07:27:34

Primark have started doing their own version of the Clinique Chubby Stick for £1.50 (ish) that's really good grin

Oooh yes stay away from brown/neutrals.

Why not buy a pallette of lip colours (Superdrug will have tons) and mix a few. You might need a pink bordering on fuschia .

Disclaimer: not a lippie wearer myself

eggybrokenoff Thu 24-Apr-14 13:09:07

a lip palette is a genius idea! would never have thought of that ever. this is why mn is brilliant

I recommended revlon matte balm in unapologetic to someone on here a few weeks back

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now