A bit ^meh^ with my hair at the moment.......

(5 Posts)

48 yo, hair was a below shoulder length, all one length, with a wispy fringe. I tie it back for work, usually push my fringe into my hair before I tie it.
Uaually my hair is fairly straight, I wash it every week, so my the end of the week it looks sleeker (not oily, but smoother)
But it needed cut because - I had alot of root regrowth (and grey). My fringe was getting too long. I had alot of residual dye that I needed to cut out (wanted to use a lighter colour), my head gets hot at night and I was bored.

So, I had it cut to just above my shoulder , the fringe thicker, some layers and shaped round my face.
It was blow dried (which I never do) and looked all nice and swishy grin.

I dyed it and I'm really pleased with the colour but I forgot how my hair behaves when there's less of it and now it's layered.....not exactly Crystal Tipps but it's a bit <-------pouffed out------>

So.
I've got some smoothing balm, and heat protector and maybe once a week I'll threaten it into submission with the straighteners , not something I want to do every day though.

Should I do this until my hair grows or will this fry it?
Should I just bite the bullet and have it all cut, then I don't need straighteners, I can wash and wear (good for those sweaty hormonal nights) and I can dye it as much as I want.

<<Wails>> First World Dilemma

ithoughtofitfirst Tue 22-Apr-14 14:25:35

Sounds like your hair it's not at the best length for the texture it is in which the LAST THING you want to do is cut it more. You should probably just power through the awkward phase until the weight of it pulls out the puffed outness of it. You just need to wash, condition, rinse with cool water, dry and then wear It up... do this for a few months. You can do loads with updos. Buns, braids, low ponies etc etc

I changed the parting from mid to side (now I have my new heavy duty wrinkle hiding fringe wink ) and it's much better.
I love the colour , so much more flattering (lighter brown than I had before, but my previous colour was waay darker than the test strand)

I've had short hair before , it was a pain to grow out but when I got my longed for one-length bob....it was a bit pah.

I really bloody hate my hair TBH.
It's my hair type I think, the layers have given it life so instead of the length and the uniformity making it behave , it's gone all over, looks mumsy but tatty at the same time.

It looks like someones hair that needs a cut sad

I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go short (then I'll eliminate the styling/styling product/sweaty night head because I'll wash & go/ and it'll be tidy off my face for work)

grin I've had The Chop.

And I'm Back in the Game

Now- earrings and make-up...........goes off to search....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now