What does one wear to play ping pong?

(8 Posts)
Turnedouttoes Tue 22-Apr-14 12:51:59

So I've been invited on a date to Bounce, the ping pong club in Holborn. If I didn't like him I would totally not be going, not my cup of tea at all but I've resolved recently to step outside of my comfort zone so I'm going. Now the question is, what the hell do I wear?
I was thinking of a silk t shirt with jeans but then can I wear heels? I might feel silly playing ping pong in heels but then equally I'll feel underdressed in flats. We're going to eat afterwards but haven't decided where. Last time we went to a very fancy restaurant so don't want to feel too casual. Aaahhh I need a perfect outfit to casually transition from ping pong playing to dinner!!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 22-Apr-14 13:26:50

Casual and comfortable and nothing floaty - table tennis is brilliant fun - enjoy! smile

Olddear Tue 22-Apr-14 18:38:55

Never ever have I needed to worry about going from ping pong to dinner!

Hassled Tue 22-Apr-14 18:42:23

I google imaged to see what other people have done and give you this as an outfit idea.

The heels thing is tricky. Do you have a large enough handbag that you could swap from heels to flats and back again as appropriate?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 22-Apr-14 19:51:39

God, it looks brilliant, I'menvy

Turnedouttoes Wed 23-Apr-14 22:34:35

So we went last night and I settled on jeans with flats and a nice top. I proved myself to be completely useless at ping pong but the most fun I've ever had on a date!!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 24-Apr-14 08:02:40

I was the same but you quickly get better, glad you had a good timegrin

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 24-Apr-14 08:03:18

And are you seeing him/her again?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now