Blinners and her workwear blog chatty thread

(1000 Posts)
Legologgo Thu 17-Apr-14 10:03:44

oi blinners -the Mango tabbed pencil skirt how stretchy is it? I like it TIGHT as have thin legs and otherwise look like I am wearing a lampshade

www.johnlewis.com/mango-tabbed-waist-pencil-skirt-natural-white/p1265275?imageCount=2

Here is our second thread - how nice that we chatted our way through a thread already www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/2077981-Workwear-chatty-thread-Part-2

I want to suit those jackets, quilted or not, but they don't really work for me. I went to Zara today, bought a gorgeous necklace (which is sold out online) and tried on 2 cotton jackets in TRF. Will blog them, but they are £60 each. Bright yellow biker and aquamarine zip up. Both are really gorgeous, and being cotton, should wear well. I want one, but not sure which. I also want a white jacket, too.

maybemyrtle Mon 12-May-14 16:33:25

No, the one I linked to isn't quilted - just skinny armed. Know what you mean about knitting bag look but this looks a bit smarter than that, I think.

noddyholder Mon 12-May-14 15:16:45

I dont think that one is quilted or is it my eyes?

lurkingaround Mon 12-May-14 15:15:53

Have hardly any time on MN atm, less for shopping. Just had a peek now.
Am with you Eduardo, those cotton quilted jackets don't do it for me either. Can't get my head past the knitting bag look. But Zara sometimes have tight arms too, particularly the trf range.

noddyholder Mon 12-May-14 13:46:00

So many colours I like a few!

EduardoBarcelona Mon 12-May-14 13:45:49

I don't like those quilted type jackets. Too much like cloth kits

maybemyrtle Mon 12-May-14 13:39:24

Saw and liked that top at the wkend! Nice colours.

maybemyrtle Mon 12-May-14 13:36:52

No elastane unfortunately. I went up to a L just to get it on (the shame! I'm a 10-12 ordinarily) but either it or I is out of proportion. Nice shape and lovely print but I'll keep looking for something that fits smile

noddyholder Mon 12-May-14 11:04:12
noddyholder Mon 12-May-14 10:22:59

For really 'fashiony' things I never spend much. I bought some faux suede boots last winter green ankle ones and have been brilliant very stylish and comfy plus look great but I fear they are a one off!

Oh it's really cute - I like that Mango jacket! I don't like big sleeves, but silly to make them too narrow. Zara did that with one of their jackets last season. My arms aren't big, but the sleeves felt tight. I don't think pure woven cotton will give, unfort. Maybe if it was jersey / knitted, but it's not, is it? Any elastane in the fabric? If not, I think that's just how it is. Worth sizing up?

Re faux suede, I have some shoes in that, and find it preferable to vinyl/plastic (I never go there), but it's not ideal and it's not v durable. It's almost disposable fashion. Which sometimes has it's place (I mean, who can afford to only but top quality everything), but I try and avoid doing that. [ponce emoticon]

noddyholder Mon 12-May-14 10:15:11

Love that I have something similar from peacocks it also has slim arms weirdly!

maybemyrtle Mon 12-May-14 10:13:26

Hello, I tried this Mango jacket over the weekend. Lovely but the arms were ridiculously slim fitting (don't think my arms are really that chubby!?). Has anyone else tried it? As it's cotton, do you think it might give a little with wear?

LaTrucha Mon 12-May-14 07:19:28

Sorry. Just saw that was faux suede, which is bleurgh IMO.

LaTrucha Mon 12-May-14 07:17:33

Sorry for always coming on to post bargains, but when I get my daily stash of publicity emails, I do think of this thread.

Today's gambit: Up to 60% off shoes at Asos for 24 hours, including some very useful little Carvela pumps.

EduardoBarcelona Sun 11-May-14 23:11:20
noddyholder Sun 11-May-14 22:44:46

Nice I ordered the other stories ones but those look longer which may be better damn

Agree w shirt thoughts. Cute shorts.

EduardoBarcelona Sun 11-May-14 22:18:42

i think a soft shirt is very sexy and I like that mine is sheer enough to do a double take if not pissed, but not enough to reveal flab. Also if black isnt good up to your face, you have some skin between it and your mush.

look - not worky, but pretty shorts www.gap.co.uk/browse/product.do?cid=1011948&vid=1&pid=000960358000

noddyholder Sun 11-May-14 22:05:14

I have nice black shirt from h and m. About £12 iirc. I wore a maxi dress today in an effort to wear all my clothes was a huge hit Dp LOVED which is odd for him

EduardoBarcelona Sun 11-May-14 21:58:40

love that FC one

I like the Mango one, thank you. smile

Uniqlo silk black w white spots for £40 www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/goods/088185.

Warehouse viscose b and w spot top reduced to £20 www.warehouse.co.uk/warehouse/fcp-product/315746#GBP

This thread is not accepting new messages.