Mahooosive spot about to erupt on my chin. Wedding in 2 days! Help!!!

(16 Posts)

It's not my wedding, but I've nevertheless spent a fortune on outfit, nails, hair etc confused

It's one of those under the surface ones but I can feel it's going to be enormous and you can bet it'll be in it's full, angry, mahoosive glory when I wake up on Thursday :-( It's on my chin (damn hormones). Is there anything I can do to delay it coming out?

Any tips at all. Please!

BADbadleroybr0wn Tue 15-Apr-14 13:31:13

Oh no what a diaster! I'd either steam it out hot shower/bath/over a steamy bowl of water get out what you can, toothpaste/mouthwash/tea tree oil over the top overnight. Alternatively leave it and plonk a bit of Clinique spot healing gel is good at putting off the appearance! Hope either of those work smile report back as well!! X

DoItTooJulia Tue 15-Apr-14 13:33:50

Leave it! Leave it completely alone. If it's truly under the skin, messing with it will just make it bleed, crack and be a total eyesore. Leave it, take ibuprofen and it'll just be a bump, hardly noticeable to anyone but you. Honestly.

TerraNotSoFirma2 Tue 15-Apr-14 13:37:29

Get some magnesium sulphate paste from the chemist, will sort it right out.

Blithereens Tue 15-Apr-14 13:52:22

Get Lush Grease Lightning. Bung it on several times a day. Works like a charm for me!

FayKnights Tue 15-Apr-14 13:55:56

Sudocreme works well for me, dries the spot out. Enjoy the wedding!

Thanks all! I'll see what it looks like tomorrow and either leave and cover or try and steam it out and stick something on it.

Blooming typical shock

PeppermintInfusion Tue 15-Apr-14 14:57:02

Have a look on the (oft quoted on here) Caroline Huron blog, she has some good advice for dealing with these kind of spots. I had a spate of them earlier this year and her suggestions worked a treat.

movingalot Tue 15-Apr-14 14:59:58

Oh no I've been there! A bit of over the counter steroid cream sorts my emergency spots out (but don't use regularly!!)

ilikebigbutts Tue 15-Apr-14 16:58:37

Ibuprofen gel on it to help with the throbbing pain and an ice pack. I would avoid any squeezing or steaming as that might bring it to a head by Thursday. You can put all the stuff on it to draw it out (if that's what you want) on Friday !If you're anything like me it would come to a head, pop and then take about a fortnight to clear up in between weeping and forming a nice scab/dry patch on my face. So do everything you can to get it to "play nice" until the wedding is over ! Enjoy x

TheAwfulDaughter Tue 15-Apr-14 17:35:31

DON'T FIDDLE WITH IT.

Go out and buy La Roche Posay effaclar duo. It honestly works on these under the skin spots in 24 hours. Mine from yesterday morning is gone now after 3 morning-night applications (yesterday morning, last night, this morning)

It it goes scabby, Sudocrem. Doesn't sound like it will though.

ilikebigbutts Tue 15-Apr-14 17:57:08

See I'm really in the minority here....Effaclar Duo did bugger all for me. Maybe helped new spots appearing slightly but did nothing for existing cystic type spots.

TheAwfulDaughter Tue 15-Apr-14 18:04:04

likebigbutts I think you need to catch it early, I use it regularly as a make up base and have clear nice skin. When I feel those bumps emerging, I apply a thick coat directly onto it.

I do have cystic acne on my back sometimes though, and I've found the LRP effaclar duo doesn't help them budge once they are established sad

Sunnydaysablazeinhope Tue 15-Apr-14 18:05:01

Toothpaste.

Any.

Seriously. Dries it right out. Just do it overnight or look like pigeon doo doo on your chin....

smile

TheAwfulDaughter Tue 15-Apr-14 18:05:25

Just don't steam the fucker out, you'll regret it...

FoxyHarlow123 Tue 15-Apr-14 18:41:32

Don't touch it and certainly don't put toothpaste or anything else on it to dry it out. All that will do is add an additional problem of dry skin to cover up aswell! Anti inflam is the way to go. Anti histamines, aspirin, anti inflam diet (no sugar) and cool compresses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now