Boots Essentials Curl Creme

(18 Posts)

I saw it mentioned on S&B a few times so thought I'd give it a whirl. At less than £2 a pot, it was worth a punt. I think it's fantastic stuff. I have frizz free, soft hair that isn't sticky or weighed down. It's better than the premium £20+ product I've been buying for years. smile

Doshusallie Mon 14-Apr-14 17:38:26

It's very good I use it every day.

DaftSkunk Mon 14-Apr-14 17:43:04

I love it, it's great stuff and super cheap!

dexter73 Mon 14-Apr-14 17:52:04

I love it - so cheap and makes my hair look great.

I'm delighted. It's as good, if not better, than the Philip Kingsley stuff I have been using.

Mrsap Mon 14-Apr-14 18:02:54

I have some in the cabinet but I just get crispy hair. How do u use it?

dexter73 Mon 14-Apr-14 18:05:25

I wash my hair, wrap it in a towel while I moisturise to let it dry a bit, then rub a bit of serum through, then rub a small blob of CC between my palms and over my hair. Leave to dry.

Mrsap Mon 14-Apr-14 18:14:56

Hmmm dune give it another go. Last time I just looked like Kevin keegan grin

Mrsap Mon 14-Apr-14 18:15:12

Maybe...not dune?!

Mrsap, I used a very small amount on soaking wet hair, wrapped in a microfibre towel (£1 Poundland) and then twisted my hair into ringlets and left to air dry. No crunchy hair but I definitely think it's easy to use too much of the stuff.

Kevin Keegan- the 80s version presumably? grin

JennyOnAPlate Mon 14-Apr-14 20:57:08

Tis indeed a miracle product grin I get so worried about running out or it being discontinued that I buy a few everytime I pass a boots. Storage is becoming a problem!!

ParkingFred Mon 14-Apr-14 20:58:25

I hate it! So gutted as everyone else loves it.

I have curly hair and it makes it feel quite revolting. I have a nearly full tub if anyone wants it..

Ilikesweetpeas Mon 14-Apr-14 21:01:29

Is this the pink stuff in a tub? Maybe I need to give it a try!!

KosherBacon Mon 14-Apr-14 21:08:08

I like this stuff. This [http://jillipoo.blogspot.co.uk/2009/01/weird-product-wednesday-boots-curl.html blog post] was useful when I was trying to work out how to use it. I find it works best if I use half the amount she shows and then lots of cheap gel. Don't forget to "scrunch out the crunch" when your hair dries to get rid of the crispy crunchy feeling from gel.

Unfortunately I tried out a "temporary" smoothing system last yearthat was anything but temporary, so I am left with four inches of roots that curl and the rest are ends that just lie there.

I was my curls back!

KosherBacon Mon 14-Apr-14 21:08:28

[http://jillipoo.blogspot.co.uk/2009/01/weird-product-wednesday-boots-curl.html hopefully this link works better]

KosherBacon Mon 14-Apr-14 21:08:40
LlamateurDramatics Mon 14-Apr-14 21:34:25

I went to Boots today to get some of this... and completely forgot. I've not long given up on straighteners and love my new curly hair (and it's properly curly, I never knew!), but find that the curls definitely drop by the end of the day, especially underneath. For the price I'll definitely try some to see whether it makes a difference to my hair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now